Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 313181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast

Thread: Basketball Thread!

Hope they don't get another Bennett and more like Irving . I mean they could get a rookie version of the big three with those 1st picks.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Hope they don't get another Bennett and more like Irving . I mean they could get a rookie version of the big three with those 1st picks.
    They probably can't go too wrong with one of the top 3 choices. Only if they try to get too 'clever' and swing for someone like in last years draft which really was one of the worst from recent memory...

Go Spurs!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Go Spurs!!!
    Agreed, the better team all year and I'd love to see Duncan get one more championship!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Missed free throws

I'm amazed that there were not more free throws attempted, its nice to see the refs were pretty fair on letting almost anything go in the first half, then as the fouls got sloppier they started calling more.

Hopefully the Spurs recover well and win both games in Miami, the longer the series goes on, the more likely the heat are to win.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Image link for the Spurs Championship T-shirt
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqOJyEpCcAAJRSc.jpg

The finals were, from a neutral standpoint something of an anticlimax, but the Spurs put on a clinic. And as a Spurs fan, I'd rather an easy win for the sake of my blood pressure!

The gulf between the East & West seems to be apparent now. Lebron was class but Miami's easy path through the East masked the difference.

Australia just doubled it's NBA rings BTW (and 3/4 are Spurs). Andrew Gaze did more than Austin Daye at least...

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Given the journey through the west to get to finals, the finals itself was a bit meh save for the enjoyment of seeing a great basketball team just play the game to perfection.

Now that's all good and done, time to turn attention to the draft.

So with the number one pick, the Cleveland Cavaliers select.....???

I love the fact that the draft is in Brooklyn & neither the Nets or Knicks have any picks this year! Both kinda mortgaged their futures (on The Truth/KG and Melo) & have nothing much to show for it. They could learn a lot from the champs who managed to get where they are and still have 3 picks in this draft.

Word is Cleveland like Embiid. Surely they can't mess up #1 in a loaded draft*. I'm quite interested in where Exum ends up (hoping he doesn't go to Charlotte at #9). On that note hoping that the Knicks don't get Mills. Sure the Spurs fan in me wants him to stay in Texas, but I still don't want him going to that dysfunctional club with their impatient owner who never builds.

*not counting a player who ends up losing career to injury here, just bad pick like Bennett.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister