Thread: Comic: Movie Sector 7

Default Comic: Movie Sector 7

anyone reading this series?

the art is alil better. look forward to seeing more. Saw the first 7

Not yet but I flicked through the first issue and thought the new art style was a huge improvement on recent Movieverse comics.

to be honest i do not know if i can be bothered with the movie verse stuff anymore,

the last mini i cant even bring myself to read the last two issues it just does not get me interested in it and just dont know if i can commit my cash (especially IDW high Priced books) to another half assed movie story
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Two issues in and I don't particular love the series I like it more than the last Movie series.

After the garish colouring in that, the nearly monochromatic colour scheme used so far is a nice relief for the eyes.

Each issue has an annotations page which makes me appreciate the story a bit more and the writer's attempts to draw and expand upon the fragments of Sector 7 history presented in the novels and previous comics, but the human characters aren't that compelling or memorable.

Something that confuses me... just before we see Jetfire flying off in robot mode, we see the Americans' ship (presumably the U.S.S. Maine) dismantling/unfolding as if transforming -- then the American sailors are floating in the water blaming the Spaniards for destroying their ship. But then on the Field Notes page it says that Jetfire carelessly sunk the USS Maine and inadvertantly started the Spanish-American War. Which I think is really cool btw -- having the Transformers actually interact with real historical events. It gives the comic book some edumucational value too.

But yeah... was Jetfire the USS Maine herself, or was he a nearby Spanish vessel? TFwiki states that he was a US Navy boat (so presumably the Maine, or another ship in the same fleet).

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    But yeah... was Jetfire the USS Maine herself, or was he a nearby Spanish vessel? TFwiki states that he was a US Navy boat (so presumably the Maine, or another ship in the same fleet).
    I took it as Jetfire being the Maine... but the notes debunk that, was he just lying under the ocean then?

I really like the concept of this series, if not so much the execution of it.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

That page was a bit unclear. The art does suggest one of the vessels is transforming. Jetfire seems to have warboat kibble. I think it makes more sense for him to have been under the ocean though.