Page 10 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Shane McCarthy View Post
    It won't be seen in AHM.
    But wasn't Ore-13 the only reason Earth became a pivitol flashpoint in the war? At the start of Furman's stories Earth was a backwater planet where Starscream's team was stationed. They prematurely went into Siege Mode because of the discovery of Ore-13, causing Megatron to arrive to put his house in order, and to defend their cache of the valuable resource which both sides predicted could tip the balance of their war in favour of whomever could secure the greatest amount of the resource.

If Ore-13 doesn't exist in your story, does that mean there was another previously unmentioned reason that you have/will introduce specifically for All Hail as to why the Decepticons are on Earth and why they are so heavily invested in this planet when all previous indications suggested that the only remarkable thing about Earth was that it was the only source of Ore-13/Ultra Energon in the galaxy?

Phew, run-on sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    But wasn't Ore-13 the only reason Earth became a pivitol flashpoint in the war?
    Yes. Does that mean it's the only reason they may want to stay there? No.

He could just mean that ore-13 just won't be used in the plot of AHM, not that it doesn't exist anymore. This may well be a double sized mini-series, going 12 issues/months, but the story itself could be just focussing on something other than a plot element before (and maybe after) AHM. It'd be like in the movie universe, the Decepticons taking over a city or acquiring other resources to consolidate their position on earth, before hunting for the Allspark in Mission City (the climax). Sure it would have added another hour or so to the movie, but could have worked as part of the total story, without dealing with the primary concept of the movie (hunting for the Allspark).
    It's also possible that something Megatron is working to in this story, makes sense within the context of the ore, or its absense in the story. Only one sixth of the story has been told so far, so it's still only early.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    "TETSUOOOOO!"
    Now there's one bio-card I never want.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

took me 10yrs to see Akira the whole way through!

What i dislike about the IDW universe, is that there are so many stories running at the same time, and little snipets of juicy stories being thrown out in certain Spotlights.

I seem to recall that HOund and his crew were scheduled to head for Earth in Devastation or Escalation, was this cancelled when Optimus and others left Earth at the end of devastation?

In Devastation 6, Optimus Prime told Hound to rendezvous at the Garrus-9 penal facility. Hound noted that Sideswipe would not be happy (as he had been bitching about Sunstreaker's dissapearance since Spotlight: Galvatron).

I'm waiting to see how the Hunter-Sunstreaker headmaster storyline plays out in Maximum Dinobots. I find it a strangely fulfilling plot, particularly the fact Sunstreaker was so desperate to escape that he appeared to shunt most of his conciousness into Hunter.

I'm waiting to see how the Hunter-Sunstreaker headmaster storyline plays out in Maximum Dinobots. I find it a strangely fulfilling plot, particularly the fact Sunstreaker was so desperate to escape that he appeared to shunt most of his conciousness into Hunter.
    And he only did that when Hunter refused to kill him. Pretty desperate!

Okay so Ore 13 is what brought Megatron to Earth, but now there is something else that is keeping him there...

I'm going to stick to my theory about Megatron trying to turn Manhattan into some kind of flying fortress!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

In Devastation 6, Optimus Prime told Hound to rendezvous at the Garrus-9 penal facility. Hound noted that Sideswipe would not be happy (as he had been bitching about Sunstreaker's dissapearance since Spotlight: Galvatron).

ta for the info, so does this mean hound etc already turned up on earth before AHM? Or did they get diverted away from Earth?

No they got diverted before they got to Earth, and then they got attacked and ended up elsewhere again.

I think they show up on Earth in Spotlight Sideswipe (or maybe a story set between Revelations and AHM), as Hound and Mirage have their Earth bodies in Spotlight Mirage (we don't know if that fits in anywhere) and AHM.