Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345671222 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    human casualties.... and they call themselves decepticons
    hmph pffft yeah right not enough... thats all the damage these "giant robots" can do pffft.Someone loses a ketchup smeared pair of shoes ( dirge?) Not even a few dead bodies lying around, ha! Are their targeting systems so dysfunctional they cant hit a teensy weensy human with those big laser pistol, actually making a dent or mebbe loose a limb in the process? Its not much to ask after all there are a lot of humans scurrying around in the city a few dead in the process wont matter so much. Then Megsy blasts a building down, whoop big deal, not a single dangling body or a burning husk even falling from the window ( which I might add are still intact after taking such a forceful blast, nah.... not enough i say. This like so tamed, Im waiting for Bambi to show up......
    Good point liege. I'm gunna draw some dead bodies in myself. If we can customize toys then why not comics?

How many issues is this series going to be or is/was it a one-shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    ...means we know which characters live and which die so some of the suspense of future stories is removed...
    I had the same complaints about spoilers from the Sunstreaker Mosaic by Simon Furman that gave away many of the same plot points.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    How many issues is this series going to be or is/was it a one-shot?
    12 issues, and the writer has confirmed on the IDW boards that it is in IDW continuity.

With regard to liegeprime's comment about the lack of bodies and what not. As far as taking this destruction serious goes. I actualy found that the artwork as nice as it is, detracts from the overall feel of the comic. the artwork is very G1 the Deceps are all smiley and grinning all the time much like they did in the old cartoon. And for that reason I find it hard to reconcile with the dark tone the story is suposed to set. While i think the art is good, considering the nature of the story I wish they'd used one of thier other artists. So we could have abit more shadows and darkness. If they really want to make the Decepticons scary they should make it more like Rythms of Darkness from the old marvel comic, now that was dark.

This is not a good comic to re-read.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I was totally under the impression that it was a different continuity, a 'What if' story.
    Nope, Ryall, McCarthy et all have been trying really hard for months to convince everyone that it is indeed in continuity.
    However I think there will be retcons were AHM is concerned.

The art and seeing how McCarthy will try so very hard to tie this into the very close knitted Furmanverse is all that has me wanting to see the next few issues.

And good news for you Paulbot, the Mosaic that Furman penned that you hated so much is now considered non cannon.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    And good news for you Paulbot, the Mosaic that Furman penned that you hated so much is now considered non cannon.
    Really? I'm torn. On hand one I'm happy the future's not set in stone, on the other hand I'm disappointed that the original storyplan has been thrown out.

As for this series I want it in continuity because the last thing we need is more alternate universes!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Really? I'm torn. On hand one I'm happy the future's not set in stone, on the other hand I'm disappointed that the original storyplan has been thrown out.
    I don't know if I would call it thrown out, more like altered. From what we saw in AHM, and the announcement of Maximum Dinobots may have given Furman a reason to alter his storyline (that's my line of thinking anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    As for this series I want it in continuity because the last thing we need is more alternate universes!
    No, the thing Transformers needs most is dozens upon dozens of intersecting and confusing alternate Universes!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger
    If we can customize toys then why not comics?
    jaAm?

I only read the series' following up to All Hail Megs only just recently (am planning to pick up the trades) but I have to say I'm enjoying this I've never enjoyed transformers comics as much as now. I felt that a lot of the DW stuff was too flashy and hard to follow whereas these have been refreshing. While sometimes I feel the colouring isn't up to scratch in every issue, they've been fairly consistent.

I picked up AHM last week and was happy with it. While yes, I am sad that they're not properly continuing the story that has come before, I am looking forward to where this takes us.

And bloody oath - the spotlight issues really add to the main storyline. I've only just read some of these and how they've tied in has me happy!

AHM #1 as an intro issue has a lot of questions posed by the time it's all over (feels like it's over too quick though) but it does leave me hanging for the next few issues

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther

So, issue #2 is out! What did people think?

Personally, I was a bit underwhelmed. I was hoping that it would go further faster. I guess it does make sense that there will be build up before getting to the real meat - I guess my beef was that there was a fair amount of human-ness in this issue - which I'm not that big a fan of :b

Current Wants:
    Shadow Scyther