Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast

Thread: All Hail Megatron Issues 1 to 6 (Vol 1)

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Looks good but you missed out New Avengers / TFs (which I admit is questionable to include) but would happen between Escalation and Ramjet (as Ramjet is new on Earth during the crossover).

Looking again at Spotlight Wheelie it is possible that the message Optimus saw wasn't the one Wheelie sent while crashing, but the one he sent with his makeshift transmitter? However Wheelie sent that messages for Deca-cycles, Mega-Cycles, Stellar-Cycles, and finally Meta-Cycles. Since Stellar-Cycles are a year (although a year of the particular planet) I thought Meta-Cycles would be a larger grouping of Stellar-Cycles? (Decades?) The last two pages are noted as being a "year" later from the main events.... but either way the story happens where you've noted it as far as I'm concerned too.
    The wiki is currently down, so I can't double check, but I believe Simon said on the IDW forums that meta-cycles were 13 months, but maybe he changed it since then.

TF/Avengers is not part of my personal canon :P In any case, its exclusion barely even registers a blip on the overall storyline.

I thought the New Avengers/TF crossover was a separate continuity. In the Marvel Universe the New Avengers occur on Earth-616 which is the "mainstream" Marvel universe.

Now I doubt that Marvel would allow the New Avengers, Dr. Doom etc. to enter IDW continuity... so I think that Avengers/TFs must be either a contained continuity or perhaps Transformers entered Earth-616. The former seems more likely to be the case... considering that Marvel didn't allow Transformers to exist on Earth-616 during G1 and G2 when they publishing Transformers, I am skeptical that they would allow it now that TFs is no longer in their court.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Yep. I still don't have any of the UK annuals.
    The 1989 one was the only one I managed to get hold of in the 80's themselves, the rest I accumulated in the late 90's. The worst bit was that some of the stories in the '87 and '88 Annuals in particular were fairly 'important' reading for the weekly book, which frustrated me as a child. (What... Ultra Magnus and Galvatron are buried in a volcano now? Galvatron and Megatron are working together? Highbrow has Scorponok's head? Where are my shoes? Etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I only have the 1987 Annual. :/
    we care more about mass tragedies when we start learning about the suffering of individuals (and are thus able to more easily empathise with individuals). There are plenty of examples of this from TF lore.
    Meh, I just wanted to see the carnage in this TF lore version but the catsup shoes got edited
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    I worked out the order of the currently-released books awhile back.

Pre-War
    Megatron Origin 1-4

War
    Spotlight: Shockwave

Spotlight: Soundwave
    Spotlight: Ultra Magnus

No obvious date
    Spotlight: Sixshot
    Spotlight: Hot Rod

The present
    Infiltration
    Infiltration 0-4
    Stormbringer 1-4
    Spotlight: Nightbeat
    Infiltration 5-6
    Spotlight: Kup

Escalation
    Escalation 1-6
    Spotlight: Ramjet (sort of takes place during the events in Brasnya, but Megatron has to recover from his fight with Prime before he can punish Ramjet)

Spotlight: Optimus Prime
    Spotlight: Galvatron

Devastation
    Spotlight: Blaster
    Spotlight: Arcee
    Devastation 1-6
    Spotlight: Grimlock

Maximum Dinobots 1-6 (apparently this runs concurrently with Revelations)

Revelations
    Spotlight: Cyclonus
    Spotlight: Hardhead
    Spotlight: Double Dealer
    Spotlight: Sideswipe

Spotlight: Mirage (Hound and Mirage are in their Earth bodies, even in the 'real' world, but the comic is confusing enough...)

All Hail Megatron - 1 year later
    All Hail Megatron 1-12

???
    Spotlight: Blurr (I don't know where this goes)
    Spotlight: Wheelie (Wheelie's distress signal is ignored by Prime in Spotlight: Optimus Prime, but the issue itself concludes meta-cycles later, if I recall correctly [1 meta-cycle = 13 Earth months].)
    Thanks for the list! Now I can store my comics in order~

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Now I doubt that Marvel would allow the New Avengers, Dr. Doom etc. to enter IDW continuity... so I think that Avengers/TFs must be either a contained continuity or perhaps Transformers entered Earth-616. The former seems more likely to be the case... considering that Marvel didn't allow Transformers to exist on Earth-616 during G1 and G2 when they publishing Transformers, I am skeptical that they would allow it now that TFs is no longer in their court.
    Yes it's it's own little universe -- the crossover didn't occur in Earth-616 because it is out of continuity with the events in the New Avengers comic -- but this universe had the same history as the IDW one as far as the Transformers are concerned.

I've read the first AHM and I found it to be an interesting read, I was little disapointed with the lack of human death showed but that's to be expected since kids do read the comics.
    I'm hoping to grab the second issue today.

Quote Originally Posted by hotaru_oz View Post
    I've read the first AHM and I found it to be an interesting read, I was little disapointed with the lack of human death showed but that's to be expected since kids do read the comics.
    I'm hoping to grab the second issue today.
    The preview comic "Focus on Decepticons" had a pair of blood soaked sneakers, they were edited out in #1.

I like it how in #1 only 1 person in the constructicons scene, was worried, the rest were all "ooooh its a movie" I love that bit

We do see blood flying when Frenzy leaps on those soldiers mind you. And again, G1/G2 showed us mass carnage of humans without visually showing us anything too graphic (e.g.: San Francisco).

I think the way they are handling human deaths in TF fiction is fine. Showing graphic human deaths in Transformers fiction is childish and puerile.