View Poll Results: RtS Turbo Tracks - worth buying?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 88.89%
  • Only if cheap

0 0%
  • Only if (something else)

1 11.11%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Toy Review - Reveal The Shield Turbo Tracks

Default United version

In vehicle mode this is a thing of beauty! Super glossy 'metallic' blue paintjob, his authentic metallic gold n red firebird flames and tampo'd Autobot symbols put him way above the RTS version not just in a G-oneness way but in general aesthetically.

Robot mode he is solid. I was gonna complain that he was squat (whereas Tracks the character has always been made to seem tall) but after looking at some pics I realised I had simply mistransformed him and he has an acceptable stature. In this mode I'd say he's on par or greater with the RtS version.

My only complain is the 'official' legs. They aren't well designed and he looks like he has flippers for feet. I agree with everyone else in saying that he looks way better with wheeljack configured legs. Well I lied I have another complaint. The head. I understand that it is very faithful to the G1 toy but its proportions are way too chubby for my liking. It's a very minor and very personal gripe though

His hip joints are also quite loose which I find quite uncharacteristic for a Takara toy. On that topic I think Takara are learning all the wrong lessons from Hasbro as the United line still retains the dreaded twisty ties AND an increasingly Hasbro-esque packaging style (maximum air, increasing number of taped points)

Overall: Import this toy if you can afford it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I would probably say that early pictures show Wheeljack to use the mold a little more effectively than Tracks.
    I 100% agree with you!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

I really dig the vehicle mode. Nice. Not so fond of the way they did the 'firebird' on the bonnet. Flight mode is a bit 'meh' but I think its nice to still be there, although I suspect ists just an extra that comes from the robot mode. he does look a little squat to me. World well for WHeeljack, but cuts tracks short (pun intended )

Floppy feet and knees, mine is a little loose.

I got Jazz and Tracks together and thought I would like Tracks more than Jazz, but it has turned out the other way....

Tracks, maybe 7/10

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Overall: Import this toy if you can afford it!
    Agreed. I have the United version too and I'd say he has by far the nicest looking alt mode in my classics collection. Love the flames and the red autobot symbols look very nice. Nice detailing for the mags, grill, head lights tail lights & exhaust too.

Only downside to me is I can't get the back half to sit 100% flush in alt mode. It always seems to be out by about 1.5 mm. Didn't think it was like that when I got him out of the pack, but can't recall for sure.

Nice bot mode, love the head. So G1 Tracks!

Im in the same boat as you guys I think. He's not BAD, he just isnt all that great. My biggest issue is he feels kind of fat and stumpy. Longer legs would have added a lot to him for me personally, and it's a shame that tears him down as much as it does. The Alt mode is cool, but the missles under the sides are to obvious.

In the end He's not to bad, but I suspect wheeljack will use the mold better.
    i do NOT Play with toys...

But I DO occasionally do scale model assisted simulations in physical fight dynamics.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post

Only downside to me is I can't get the back half to sit 100% flush in alt mode. It always seems to be out by about 1.5 mm. Didn't think it was like that when I got him out of the pack, but can't recall for sure.
    The back half doesn't sit flush and does ruin the smooth lines somewhat. But there's also a trick to getting his forearms into the back part of the car - they need to plug into it at a right angle first before flipping it shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Oilspill View Post
    Now that I've examined mine I can see that it doesnt sit perfectly flush either, but not by 1.5mm . Mine is out by 1mm tops. The roof part is near perfectly smooth but the seam between the car door and rear on one side of the car is slightly gappy. It's almost negligible.

I think the trick is getting the arms to fold up properly. I had to do what Sutton just mentioned above.

I like him, big thanks to Easy D for the figure. My only gripe is the damn instructions don't actually show that the whole wing assembly can pivot upwards and not just the doors. As soon as I figured that out, I got less frustrated and finished him transforming. That, and his feet are really flimsy, and I am worried he will want to fall over all the time.

Bought him a couple of weeks ago but only got the chance to open him up today - I must say: sexiest car mode EVER.