Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghost MP Starscream at ToysRUs $250

With the Aussie dollar going great-guns ATM, I don't know why anyone would pay this price instead of getting it online. TRU are well known for their incredibly inflated prices but this is ridiculous!
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    With the Aussie dollar going great-guns ATM, I don't know why anyone would pay this price instead of getting it online. TRU are well known for their incredibly inflated prices but this is ridiculous!
    That price is outrageous and just literally a rip-off. It's so insulting. Wow and I just double checked it. At the current exchange rate, I can buy not one, but TWO ghost starscreams shipped to my doorstep from RobotKingdom and that ends up less than $250AUD. THIS IS BEYOND LUDICROUS.

Although I guess we Aussie collectors should be used to those kinds of ridiculous prices by now.

I sincerely hope no one buys it at that price. I am assuming that if it does get purchased, it would most likely be a person whom does not care about money, or does not know about Ebay/online stores.

Because barring those factors, who would rationally/sensibly go and purchase this figure at that price, especially when importing it is significantly cheaper/convenient?

This really begs the question- Why do we pay so damn much for tfs compared to other countries? Discuss.

This is absolutely shocking

They must be thinking: its clear + exclusive + big = let's charge whatever the dice rolls and multiply by 50!

What really sucks is that as a result of this stupid price, these will likely not sell, which will adversely affect the chances of us getting more TakaraTomy exclusives domestically.

Even without the exchange rate we pay less then that. I wasn't entirely positive that Hasbro MP Grimlock was worth $150 but paid that but $250?
    This will shelfwarm for a long time. I can't think of anyone who would pay that, I'm almost certain the average parent wouldn't pay that.

I remember way back in the day (6 years ago) when the only store i brought my toys at were TRU. Now i only go in there as a last resort.

Quote Originally Posted by LordCyrusOmega View Post
    Even without the exchange rate we pay less then that. I wasn't entirely positive that Hasbro MP Grimlock was worth $150 but paid that but $250?
    This will shelfwarm for a long time. I can't think of anyone who would pay that, I'm almost certain the average parent wouldn't pay that.

I remember way back in the day (6 years ago) when the only store i brought my toys at were TRU. Now i only go in there as a last resort.
    It does make me wonder what they believe the market is for such a thing, at such a price. It's not a children's toy - it's a toy for collectors like us - and collectors like us can buy it with a few clicks of a mouse.

The mold has grown on me, and I have some unexplainable Want for translucent figures, but there's a threshold for such things and that is way, way before $250.

There were a few at Chatswood last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    i think it was posted here first... although not at moore park toys r us ......
    Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

Who remembers back a year or two ago when regular MP Starscream was released at TRU for $99? When in-store yesterday, the employee agreed when I said it was a bit pricey.

I'd say at least one a day is moving off the northland shelves....

They'll sell some at that price to people who do not know how cheaply (comparatively) they can get the figure online.

But I wonder how long they'll sit on shelves until the get reduced ala the G1 reissues?
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)