Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ghost MP Starscream at ToysRUs $250

Quote Originally Posted by JuzMel View Post
    Just saw a lone one at Chaddy yesteday, took it to scan and then put it back and immediately one dude picked it up and went off with it.
    Wow...

I wonder if it is right in that situation to inform him of the inflated nature of that price.

I still haven't seen one (not that I would buy it at that price anyway) I even missed masterpiece grimlock, I was looking for that too, maybe i just don't scout enough anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by TF76 View Post
    I even missed masterpiece grimlock, I was looking for that too, maybe i just don't scout enough anymore.
    Just get it from RK. It would be less than what TRU are selling it for including shipping.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

$250 is a ridiculous price, I totally agree, though as people have demonstrated there are plenty out there who are willing to shell over the cash.

Think about Myer, most of their stock seems to be 10% above retail price compared to most stores and much higher than big W yet come boxing day there is barely a toy left on their shelves. I personally think there are a lot of people out there who work so many long hours that they are willing to spend big on presents for their kids on a regular basis as a way of apology for never being around because they work too much. Places like Myer and TRU prey on this, these people don't have time to look online and they make enough that the cost is insignificant. That's the target demographic, and though the careful (read tight like me ) collector won't spend that sort of cash, we don't fit into their target demographic, especially when they can fill and empty their shelves at those prices, without our help.

Ghost MP SS is certainly not flying off the shelves here in HK. There is one or many in almost every shop and now the price is as low as HKD$580 in some instances...

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Ghost MP SS is certainly not flying off the shelves here in HK. There is one or many in almost every shop and now the price is as low as HKD$580 in some instances...
    Ever think of doing a group order?

Wow that's quite cheaper. Certainly beats the local TRU price - I really dont get it since MOP Grimlock was $150 only, jeez they really are Toy's R' Expensive As.

@Vert- I dont think a group order would make it cheaper though since postage will be still high due to the bulkiness of the box
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]