Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Did the 2015 sub manage to make it through then? I still keep up with the pixel dan reviews, but don't give a crap about the rest, but so far, none of the figures lately have been all that great.

Aside from Mr. GITd.
    Yeah it got thru. I'm waiting on the 1st quarter shipment shortly. Figured it was the last true 'classics' year so I bought the sub

Default Skeletor and Panthor 2 pack

I am thinking of taking a dip at this two pack but I need some options on the price. The seller has lowered it a few times but by the time it arrives to me, it will be around 475 US. What do you reckon pop or pass ? Thanks Lads.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skeletor-Pan...3D111840871049

Is $150 a good price for a Classics Scareglow?

Default Eternia At Border Of Dimensions

I hope this thread allows for questions about the Filmation cartoon, not just the Mattel toys.

There's a particular episode in which someone says that Eternia exists close to the border of different dimensions or universes, and that is why both technology and magic work there. As a kid this comment blew me away. I was kind of snooty about a show that mixed genres like that (I'm much more accepting of it as an adult) but this line showed that the writers cared about making sense of things, and it stuck with me.

I would love to watch that episode again just to put context to that statement. Sites like the MOTU fan wiki mention this factoid but don't tell me which ep it's from. Can anyone enlighten me?

I’ve been seeing this tweet a few times today celebrating the 37th anniversary reveal of the MOTU toyline for the first time at the New York Toy Fair

https://twitter.com/battleramblog/st...004059141?s=21

Is there any reason why the guy named Zodac is so obscure? Seems odd for a first generation character. I have no recall of seeing him in anything.

Maybe being a neutral character who was god-like (if I recall correctly), didn't allow for much creative usage in the comic and cartoon... which would drive the toy sales (the less a toy is featured, the less likely it will be bought, or be in demand for future re-releases).

I've seen Zodak so many times in my collecting years, hard to get with proper armour, usually has the weapons pack stuff, but yeah he is supposed to be a neutral being but as kids we always had him as a goodie. In the 200X cartoon he is similar to the Sorceress in that he protects Grayskull but only in a few episodes Great picture.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Not a question... but a sighting that I saw at Kmart on Friday - a Hot Wheels car replicating (very well) the classic 80s Land Shark vehicle.

I was almost tempted to buy it, and had to look to see if there were more... and not those crappy regular vehicles with themed paint or strange parts added... I wanted to see if they had done more miniature replicas of 80s MOTU toys, and it looks like they have done three - The Land Shark, the Windraider, and the Battle Ram.

Apparently there is also a SDCC 2-pack of the Land Shark and Wind Raider, with mini Skelator and Heman figures.

Kranix is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

With all the reissue MOTU available, do people still buy the originals? A little while ago my parents dropped off a few big boxes of vintage MOTU figures, vehicle and play sets from when I was a kid. eBay has been showing some high prices for vintage stuff in the time I've watched but I'm not sure they actually sell for these prices?

Or is it like Transformers, where the stuff that wasn't reissued pulls decent coin? I'm thinking I'll just throw a few lots on eBay but if some items are worth more, I'll need to research more. Thanks
    Last edited by Kranix; 11th April 2022 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    With all the reissue MOTU available, do people still buy the originals? A little while ago my parents dropped off a few big boxes of vintage MOTU figures, vehicle and play sets from when I was a kid. eBay has been showing some high prices for vintage stuff in the time I've watched but I'm not sure they actually sell for these prices?

Or is it like Transformers, where the stuff that wasn't reissued pulls decent coin? I'm thinking I'll just throw a few lots on eBay but if some items are worth more, I'll need to research more. Thanks
    Vintage is still very hot, you need to be willing to post international though.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)