Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Default MOTU Questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Please feel free to ask any questions relating to Masters of the Universe in this thread. Other more knowledgeable fans may be kind enough to provide an answer.

The idea for this thread came due to the very limited amount of info in general about the MOTU toy lines on the Internet. Doing something similar as in the Kup's Questions seems reasonable.

I will start:

Today I received Castle Grayskull Version 1 of the MOTU 200X line. As you can see in my collection pics, I already own MOTUx V2 but I was really curious about the Action Chip features of the first release so I jumped when a cheap v1 appeared on Ebay.

The thing is that only a few of my MOTUx figures seem to be able to interact with it. I was under the impression that first wave toys such as regular Man At Arms, He-Man and Skeletor plus others worked but my figures of those characters don't have action chips.

I am only able to use the following figures:

- Orko (only one able to open Hall of Secrets)
    - Teela (gold)
    - Ram Man
    - Mekaneck

And that's it. I also read that Stratos also interacts with it but nothing with my own. At first I suspected that my figures had damaged chips but then I noticed that the figures that do work, have a 'square lid' housing the chip on the soles of their feet while the none working ones don't have it.

Does anyone have some insight on why my figures (which are shown on the Castle Grayskull v1 box and are not repaints) do not have action chips?

Does anyone know or can give us a list of figures that do?

Thanks
    Last edited by kup; 3rd November 2010 at 02:25 PM.

from memory i think there are more figures but the figures were released with and without chips depending on the market most figures released here had no chips.
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Thanks Sharky. Well clearly it does appear that some first release toys that were normally advertised as having Action Chips clearly don't.

I just wish I had an Evil warrior that activates the castles' traps. At this point I only have good guys that work. I am a little disapointed that He-Man and Skeletor don't have chips but I have read that other 'something something armor' releases do.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Thanks Sharky. Well clearly it does appear that some first release toys that were normally advertised as having Action Chips clearly don't.

I just wish I had an Evil warrior that activates the castles' traps. At this point I only have good guys that work. I am a little disapointed that He-Man and Skeletor don't have chips but I have read that other 'something something armor' releases do.
    Heh. He-Man and Skeletor with "Something Something Armour!"
    From Mattel!!

Is Fisto the brother of Man-At-Arms?

And which one is really Teela's father?

The 200X series of the cartoon seemed to hint at this, but the series was discontinued before we got some final answers...

(or perhaps I am just not as knowledgeable as some of you - I reckon this is closer to the truth, heheh)

Although the series was cancelled before those subplots were tied up, Larry DeTillio (also from BW fame) mentioned that the never to be Season 3 would of revealed Fisto as Teela's true father and Man-At-Arms brother.

They also mentioned that She-Ra would have been introduced. Too bad that 21st Cartoons have a tendency to be cancelled just as they are reaching their peak.

there's two versions of castle grayskull in the 200x line? Anyone there that have it and can post pics/comparisons? I thought there was only 1..
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    there's two versions of castle grayskull in the 200x line? Anyone there that have it and can post pics/comparisons? I thought there was only 1..
    I'll take comparison pics in the next few days and post them. Although both look very similar overall, there are actually considerable differences between the two which makes each version unique.

Version 2.0 has considerably different and greater play value due to a large number of gimmicks but 1.0 has some features in it which are actually very cool and arguably better than any single gimmick from the second version. In a sense both can be regarded as different toys as each offers their own play experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Although the series was cancelled before those subplots were tied up, Larry DeTillio (also from BW fame) mentioned that the never to be Season 3 would of revealed Fisto as Teela's true father and Man-At-Arms brother.

They also mentioned that She-Ra would have been introduced. Too bad that 21st Cartoons have a tendency to be cancelled just as they are reaching their peak.
    Thanks kup. One thing I liked about MOTU was that the storyline and who's related to who made it interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post

Based on this pic of yours from the acquisitions thread, you have the v2 release of Castle Grayskull - The one with manually activated sounds and gimmicks.

The weekend has turned out busier than expected for me but I will try to take those comparison pics as soon as I can. Actually, I may have to do some kind of video so that I can show you the gimmicks of v1 Castle Grayskull, they are pretty cool if you have the right figures.