Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

Attachment 2949

Just received my KO Thundercracker from KOTOYS.

+ Cosmetically he looks fantastic
    + Paint apps are great
    + Will sit nicely with his mates Starscream, Ghost, Skywarp, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust and Acid Storm
    + Both missiles fit correctly in launchers unlike video review

- Left wing is loose and does not sit up against his back well
    - Neither of his guns stay on his arms but are both tight on wings and in hand
    - Back panel does not sit "flush" in robot mode
    - Left hand/wrist is limp
    - Both feet fold down too far and can cause figure to fall backwards
    - He is not the real thing

Final Opinion: Look, I'm not a fan of KO's (at all) however my urge to complete my seeker collection forced my hand. Thundercracker IMO is a good alternative to any collection that is missing that elusive last seeker however I was left a little disappointed. It seems (not surprisingly) that there are some QC issues with these as there are differing defects between mine and the video review. Hard to say I would recommend this KO to anyone when there is an actual REAL figure available. If a Sunstorm or Retooled Female slipstream were KO'd i'd probably buy them however I still hold hope that Hasbro will release a classics version of Thundercracker in the RTS line
    Last edited by KaRNiV8L PRiME; 14th November 2010 at 07:07 PM.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Review and Identification Guide for Knock Off BotCon Mirage

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-mirage/20199/

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Just received my KO Thundercracker from KOTOYS.
    *snip* Review
    By the judge of things, he is worse than my real figure. So much for it being better than the actual release.

Also, if you want to fix the problem of the launchers not fitting in the arms properly, you could use nail polish or super glue to increase the size of the peg a bit. But if it fits snuggly into the hands and wings already, it may be better to put the nail polish or super glue into the shoulder hole instead, if you like to play with the figure.

Just found these.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=290500848360 seller says these are remakes

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....fvi%3D1&_rdc=1 same seller says these are real.

Very difficult to tell
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

He says this in the description

Great remake set! Limited! Can't tell the difference!
    But sadly, if one were to not say it, and sell it as legit, I can't see a way of knowing.

I'd be very careful in buying them on ebay.

This is crazy- they actually made instructions/bio cards for botcon mirage

http://www.kotoys.com/kotoys.php?id=...07+blue+mirage

AZRAEL:

I seriously would not risk getting any of these off Ebay misb - chances are they are kos. The only way would be the seller having take very nice HQ close up pics of the fig in packaging for one to verify authenticity.
    Other than that, a loose/mib where the fig is out of package would be easier to tell from close ups, although to untrained collector one could still very easily be fooled.

____

So if i bought a fig off Ebay under assumption it was genuine, and it turned out to be a KO, what would Ebay do? What would be the remedy? Does it make a difference if the seller said "reissue" in the description?
    What evidence would I have to show Ebay that it is indeed a ko in such a situation?

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    I seriously would not risk getting any of these off Ebay misb - chances are they are kos. The only way would be the seller having take very nice HQ close up pics of the fig in packaging for one to verify authenticity.
    Other than that, a loose/mib where the fig is out of package would be easier to tell from close ups, although to untrained collector one could still very easily be fooled.
    Which is why I am glad I bought my Henkei TC a long while ago. Now it is just too hard to tell on a MISB.

So if i bought a fig off Ebay under assumption it was genuine, and it turned out to be a KO, what would Ebay do? What would be the remedy? Does it make a difference if the seller said "reissue" in the description?
    What evidence would I have to show Ebay that it is indeed a ko in such a situation?
    Ebay would probably do squat, unless you could provide pictures, and even then you have to jump through hoops to prove that you are correct to get a refund. If the listing says reissue, then most likely the seller will get away with it. IMO Ebay are useless when it comes to stopping people from selling KO's.

As I understand it, it's a violation of eBay's Terms of Service policy for anyone to sell counterfeit items. If so, then these sellers ought to be reported to eBay staff.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1
    Ebay would probably do squat, unless you could provide pictures, and even then you have to jump through hoops to prove that you are correct to get a refund. If the listing says reissue, then most likely the seller will get away with it. IMO Ebay are useless when it comes to stopping people from selling KO's
    You could provide links to comparative reviews with comparative photos etc. eBay would do more if HasTak bothered to get off their butts and actually press them to do something about these pirates.

But anyway, whether eBay staff do something or not, at least as users you would have done the right thing by reporting it. Beyond that there's nothing you can do. It's like say seeing a crime and reporting it to police - the cops may or may not be able to catch the criminals, but that doesn't mean one shouldn't report the crime. If nothing else if other users are persistently reporting the same seller for allegedly selling KOs then it puts that seller on eBay staff's radar.

There have been members here who have gone through the process of disputing a KO. It involved getting a "professional" assessment I think. Hopefully, whoever that was can chime in.

Ebay and paypal do shit all.

I bought a pair of DSLites from china/hongkong (i cant remember which) and they were described as brand new. So when I received them, I noticed some of the screws weren't in place properly so googled it and found that counterfeits were being sold online. Further googling, I figured out they were refurbished units and not new as they were telling me.

So I reported this to ebay and paypal and then had to send them back. The seller agreed to pay for the return shipping upon receiving them back (which they ended up reneging on - and paypal said they could not force them to do anything other than refund the original amount.)

In the end, Ebay would not update me on what happened with the seller citing privacy and such crap.

As for evidence, you would just link them to the website that has those comparison pics.

So if you buy them know, that evilbay will do nothing in your favour if it turns out to be a counterfeit. You'll have to foot the return shipping like i did.

Basically I don't recommend it.