Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

Culprits: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1113.0

We already knew about skywarp, but confirmation of thundercracker- guess it was inevitable.

Henkei Clear Mirage KO- so far its sold loose, so be wary of any loose ones being sold. Anyone who wanted, but haven't gotten it should jump on it now before KOs with replica boxes flood the market. Most online retailers have em in stock at about $80.

KO Ghost Starscream- Same as above, except sold with packaging.

KO Botcon 2007 Mirage- This is sold loose aswell. I don't know much about this figure- did the original fig have any packaging?- if not, then pretty much destroys any chance of these being sold- if the actual figure is indistinguishable.

Can't say I'm pleased about this news.

The clear exclusives don't affect me that much since I didn't care for them or the price.

I was looking to save up for authentic seekers, but I'm not going to even bother now since I can never be sure of authenticity, especially for a $150 price tag- can't take that risk.
    Last edited by gdmetro; 5th November 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Perhaps it'd be easier to track down a regular Classics Skywarp (t'was sold in regular stores). And I really hope Hasbro releases Generations Thundercracker.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Perhaps it'd be easier to track down a regular Classics Skywarp (t'was sold in regular stores). And I really hope Hasbro releases Generations Thundercracker.
    Yeah, the classics skywarp is not cheap too since it came in the 2pack with ultra magnus. There was a 2 pack at the parra fair months ago for $120 and I didn't get it since I thought it was a rip off- beats ebay prices though.

Im just going to wait for hasbro to release thundercracker/skywarp or eventually learn to paint and get 2 spare acidstorms or something.

____

The actual pics of the stock of KO seekers looks so freaking real. Although I don't have authentic in hand, from the pics I can't see any discernable difference.

Argh! This is terrible!
    I'm relieved I've already got the originals of these, but for anyone who hasn't, and wanted genuine tfs, this sucks!!
    Does this mean we're going to see more KO henkei figures?

There's a comparison shot of the original botcon Mirage and the KO.
    Mirage was the attendee exclusive so it was packaged in a baggy with the bio card and instructions. I guess the only way to be sure might be to buy MISB.
    The KO seems to be missing the rub sign though - which you can probably buy off reprolabels. :/ The other figures look identical though.

I hope at least the print quality on the KO boxes is telling when compared to an original.

Also, gekisou, you could try checking bbts, Classics skywarp sometimes appears sold loose.

I already sold my Classics Skywarp to kristofferer... I think I sold it to him for $20 iirc. I wouldn't expect someone to pay much more than that for a loose Deluxe toy really.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Argh! This is terrible!
    I'm relieved I've already got the originals of these, but for anyone who hasn't, and wanted genuine tfs, this sucks!!
    Ditto... but yeah, it's terrible news. I tell ya what, if Hasbro gives us Generations Thundercracker, I'm gonna buy one, even though I already have Gentei Thundercracker. I'd do it just to show my support for Hasbro. I'd probably give my Generations Thundercracker away as a prize (like I did with Generations Thrust). Hopefully if enough Generations Thundercrackers sell they might consider releasing Generations Skywarp.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I already sold my Classics Skywarp to kristofferer... I think I sold it to him for $20 iirc. I wouldn't expect someone to pay much more than that for a loose Deluxe toy really.

Ditto... but yeah, it's terrible news. I tell ya what, if Hasbro gives us Generations Thundercracker, I'm gonna buy one, even though I already have Gentei Thundercracker. I'd do it just to show my support for Hasbro. I'd probably give my Generations Thundercracker away as a prize (like I did with Generations Thrust). Hopefully if enough Generations Thundercrackers sell they might consider releasing Generations Skywarp.
    What's the quality of the gentei seekers? Ive heard stories about the fragility of the figure and the holes being too large to fit the missiles?

Classics Skywarp goes for about $40USD LOOSE from the ebay BINs Ive seen. That is exclusive of postage- which is sky high- and most listings only cater to the US. I don't want to jump through all those hoops just to still be lacking a thundercracker and a loose skywarp. I'd also prefer the gentei ones since my collection is 95% henkei- I love the henkei/gentei boxes so much. MISB/MIB henkei are just so beautiful - second only to g1/encore boxes. Sadly dropping $300+ for 2 deluxes is just too rich for me now- I'd rather use it for the upcoming united releases.

Even so, it is not realistic to get em anyway due to these KOs so unless Takara does a re-release- which is highly doubtful- I don't think I'll be getting a Skywarp/Thundercracker.

The more realistic option is to wait for skywarp/thundercracker from Hasbro. I'm sure they will release em' eventually.

I'm quite tempted just to order the KOs and join the dark side right now. someone persuade me from doing so!

I have no real interest in the exclusive figures like Ghost Starscream and Botcon Mirage, so they are an easy pass for me. As for TC, I bought a Gentei version a little while back. Set me back $110, but it was worth it to have the final Classic seeker. I'd previously bought Thrust and Dirge for $150 for the pair. I can see the draw to buy KO's, but just like with Hursty, I will always look at it and know it's a fake. I'd rather have a legit figure.

And the whole "this TC is of better quality than the official release" is just crap to me. Yea mine had a problem with guns falling out of his arms, but that was an easy fix. Shouldn't have to do that, but I am willing to with an official figure.

Attachment 2949

Just received my KO Thundercracker from KOTOYS.

+ Cosmetically he looks fantastic
    + Paint apps are great
    + Will sit nicely with his mates Starscream, Ghost, Skywarp, Ramjet, Dirge, Thrust and Acid Storm
    + Both missiles fit correctly in launchers unlike video review

- Left wing is loose and does not sit up against his back well
    - Neither of his guns stay on his arms but are both tight on wings and in hand
    - Back panel does not sit "flush" in robot mode
    - Left hand/wrist is limp
    - Both feet fold down too far and can cause figure to fall backwards
    - He is not the real thing

Final Opinion: Look, I'm not a fan of KO's (at all) however my urge to complete my seeker collection forced my hand. Thundercracker IMO is a good alternative to any collection that is missing that elusive last seeker however I was left a little disappointed. It seems (not surprisingly) that there are some QC issues with these as there are differing defects between mine and the video review. Hard to say I would recommend this KO to anyone when there is an actual REAL figure available. If a Sunstorm or Retooled Female slipstream were KO'd i'd probably buy them however I still hold hope that Hasbro will release a classics version of Thundercracker in the RTS line
    Last edited by KaRNiV8L PRiME; 14th November 2010 at 08:07 PM.
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Review and Identification Guide for Knock Off BotCon Mirage

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...-mirage/20199/

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Just received my KO Thundercracker from KOTOYS.
    *snip* Review
    By the judge of things, he is worse than my real figure. So much for it being better than the actual release.

Also, if you want to fix the problem of the launchers not fitting in the arms properly, you could use nail polish or super glue to increase the size of the peg a bit. But if it fits snuggly into the hands and wings already, it may be better to put the nail polish or super glue into the shoulder hole instead, if you like to play with the figure.