Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

also the normal henkei starscream

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    also the normal henkei starscream
    I assume Universe SS is the best bet to buy now to avoid KOs?

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like all the versions of the Classics Mirage are getting KO-ed now that they have created the mould to do it in any colour - Walmart Fracture is the latest appearing.
    That article said that the packaging was right on the spot; but there were no photos. Does anyone have any photographic links to confirm that the KO packaging matches the real thing?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyWarp91 View Post
    I assume Universe SS is the best bet to buy now to avoid KOs?
    i guess so. but its easiest to just avoid ebay and buy from a trusted source like RK, TFS, BBTS

and now KO Sunstorm

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...eleased/20359/

Having just opened my KO Henkei Thundercracker, here's my observations.

The back of the pack is a colour montage of Starscream transforming, with little profile pics at the bottom of other Henkei figures available. The picture looks a little bit off, like a first generation copy.
    The plastic of the shell feels a bit more brittle/thin than legit shells.
    This is weird, but it smelt different. Not bad, but different than the usual 'just opened' plastic smell.
    The stats on the back don't match the stats on the card inside. I would presume the stats on the back are Starscream's but don't have a Henkei pack to compare.
    The instructions inside are for Universe Acid Storm.
    His left cannon sits loose in his left shoulder. It will stay in position when standing, but move it at any angle and it will fall out. No problems with the wing holders though.
    His knee pads do not have a notch like legit models. His shoulders do have a notch but they are about 3/4 of the way down, compared to about 1/2 down on legit models.
    In jet mode his top can't go flush with his belly. Sticks out 1-2mm
    In robot mode his back can't go flush with his chest (same gap again). It looks like the rod that the cockpit folds in on is too wide for the cavity under the cockpit (hope that makes sense). This means that his nose cone is at about a 80-85 degree angle instead of 90 when in robot mode.
    His right wing wont go flush with his back either. It sticks out about 1-2 degrees.

Overall there's several niggly little defects with this, but I wouldn't think it'd be anything for a casual collector to worry about.

I just picked him up to check and the left missile launcher promptly fell out.

Here's a pic comparing the KO (on the left) to my custom Thundercracker.

Attachment 3072

Attachment 3073

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    I have ordered. Will have review up when he arrives
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    I have ordered. Will have review up when he arrives
    Wow...I'm almost tempted to get a Sunstorm - but at (USD) $28 + $10 shipping puts me off the whole thing - would rather buy a used genuine Screamer and get it custom painted for not much more money (at least that way I know it's the real deal)

You cant get a real deal Sunstorm anyway. If its as nice as Thundercracker is he will be mine after all this X Mas horror is over

Quote Originally Posted by snaketales View Post
    His left cannon sits loose in his left shoulder. It will stay in position when standing, but move it at any angle and it will fall out. No problems with the wing holders though.

In robot mode his back can't go flush with his chest (same gap again).
    1. When you say left, do you mean his left? Or our left while facing him?

2. With that gap, I have that problem on one of my Henkei Starscreams. It's the only seeker I have that exhibits it.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    1. When you say left, do you mean his left? Or our left while facing him?

2. With that gap, I have that problem on one of my Henkei Starscreams. It's the only seeker I have that exhibits it.
    1. His left. A couple of coats of nail polish on the missile connector appear to have resolved this.

2. my custom Thundercracker has the same problem, but I always figured it was because of the coats of paint.

Also, I got the pliers out and squeezed KO Tcracker's cockpit rod, so now his chest is a bit more flush.

It's better than a KO seeker I got earlier this year for a custom project. It arrived with two right hands and bad mold degradation on the face.

http://www.seibertron.com/transforme...seekers/20380/

they've improved the old mold x_x