Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

Default KO: Gentei Skywarp/Thundercracker/Mirage + Botcon 2007 Mirage+ Ghost Starscream

Culprits: http://www.kotoys.com/forum/index.php?topic=1113.0

We already knew about skywarp, but confirmation of thundercracker- guess it was inevitable.

Henkei Clear Mirage KO- so far its sold loose, so be wary of any loose ones being sold. Anyone who wanted, but haven't gotten it should jump on it now before KOs with replica boxes flood the market. Most online retailers have em in stock at about $80.

KO Ghost Starscream- Same as above, except sold with packaging.

KO Botcon 2007 Mirage- This is sold loose aswell. I don't know much about this figure- did the original fig have any packaging?- if not, then pretty much destroys any chance of these being sold- if the actual figure is indistinguishable.

Can't say I'm pleased about this news.

The clear exclusives don't affect me that much since I didn't care for them or the price.

I was looking to save up for authentic seekers, but I'm not going to even bother now since I can never be sure of authenticity, especially for a $150 price tag- can't take that risk.
    Last edited by gdmetro; 5th November 2010 at 11:49 PM.

Perhaps it'd be easier to track down a regular Classics Skywarp (t'was sold in regular stores). And I really hope Hasbro releases Generations Thundercracker.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Perhaps it'd be easier to track down a regular Classics Skywarp (t'was sold in regular stores). And I really hope Hasbro releases Generations Thundercracker.
    Yeah, the classics skywarp is not cheap too since it came in the 2pack with ultra magnus. There was a 2 pack at the parra fair months ago for $120 and I didn't get it since I thought it was a rip off- beats ebay prices though.

Im just going to wait for hasbro to release thundercracker/skywarp or eventually learn to paint and get 2 spare acidstorms or something.

____

The actual pics of the stock of KO seekers looks so freaking real. Although I don't have authentic in hand, from the pics I can't see any discernable difference.

Argh! This is terrible!
    I'm relieved I've already got the originals of these, but for anyone who hasn't, and wanted genuine tfs, this sucks!!
    Does this mean we're going to see more KO henkei figures?

There's a comparison shot of the original botcon Mirage and the KO.
    Mirage was the attendee exclusive so it was packaged in a baggy with the bio card and instructions. I guess the only way to be sure might be to buy MISB.
    The KO seems to be missing the rub sign though - which you can probably buy off reprolabels. :/ The other figures look identical though.

I hope at least the print quality on the KO boxes is telling when compared to an original.

Also, gekisou, you could try checking bbts, Classics skywarp sometimes appears sold loose.

I already sold my Classics Skywarp to kristofferer... I think I sold it to him for $20 iirc. I wouldn't expect someone to pay much more than that for a loose Deluxe toy really.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Argh! This is terrible!
    I'm relieved I've already got the originals of these, but for anyone who hasn't, and wanted genuine tfs, this sucks!!
    Ditto... but yeah, it's terrible news. I tell ya what, if Hasbro gives us Generations Thundercracker, I'm gonna buy one, even though I already have Gentei Thundercracker. I'd do it just to show my support for Hasbro. I'd probably give my Generations Thundercracker away as a prize (like I did with Generations Thrust). Hopefully if enough Generations Thundercrackers sell they might consider releasing Generations Skywarp.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I already sold my Classics Skywarp to kristofferer... I think I sold it to him for $20 iirc. I wouldn't expect someone to pay much more than that for a loose Deluxe toy really.

Ditto... but yeah, it's terrible news. I tell ya what, if Hasbro gives us Generations Thundercracker, I'm gonna buy one, even though I already have Gentei Thundercracker. I'd do it just to show my support for Hasbro. I'd probably give my Generations Thundercracker away as a prize (like I did with Generations Thrust). Hopefully if enough Generations Thundercrackers sell they might consider releasing Generations Skywarp.
    What's the quality of the gentei seekers? Ive heard stories about the fragility of the figure and the holes being too large to fit the missiles?

Classics Skywarp goes for about $40USD LOOSE from the ebay BINs Ive seen. That is exclusive of postage- which is sky high- and most listings only cater to the US. I don't want to jump through all those hoops just to still be lacking a thundercracker and a loose skywarp. I'd also prefer the gentei ones since my collection is 95% henkei- I love the henkei/gentei boxes so much. MISB/MIB henkei are just so beautiful - second only to g1/encore boxes. Sadly dropping $300+ for 2 deluxes is just too rich for me now- I'd rather use it for the upcoming united releases.

Even so, it is not realistic to get em anyway due to these KOs so unless Takara does a re-release- which is highly doubtful- I don't think I'll be getting a Skywarp/Thundercracker.

The more realistic option is to wait for skywarp/thundercracker from Hasbro. I'm sure they will release em' eventually.

I'm quite tempted just to order the KOs and join the dark side right now. someone persuade me from doing so!

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    What's the quality of the gentei seekers? Ive heard stories about the fragility of the figure and the holes being too large to fit the missiles?
    Yeah, the missile launchers fit loosely on the arms and the wings aren't as stiff (thus more susceptible to flopping down). But IMO the Gentei looks nicer but Classics Skywarp is by no means bad either). I took comparison pics of my Classics and Gentei Skywarp before I sold my Classics Skywarp...

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro
    Classics Skywarp goes for about $40USD LOOSE from the ebay BINs Ive seen. That is exclusive of postage- which is sky high- and most listings only cater to the US.
    <nearly falls off chair> (o_O) have sex and go away!!

The more realistic option is to wait for skywarp/thundercracker from Hasbro. I'm sure they will release em' eventually.
    If I were you I'd just wait and see if Hasbro releases Thundercracker and Skywarp for Generations (or even if TOMY will release United versions of them). After Generations and United winds up and if they haven't released them, then I'd bite the bullet and pay those stupid prices for them online.

I'm quite tempted just to order the KOs and join the dark side right now. someone persuade me from doing so!
    A couple months ago I was really tempted to get the KO Headmaster heads cos I wanted Spike and I my Zarak broken an missing an arm. In the end I decided against it and bought myself a real Spike - and I'm really glad I did. Cos if I'd gotten the KO it'd continually bug me every time I look at him that he's NOT real - nothing more than just a counterfeit. I remember at the time I was thinking about getting the KOs, when I spoke to other people who already owned the KO Headmaster set, they were _really_ surprised that I was even contemplating buying a KO. And it was those conversations that made me realise that if I'd caved in and bought those KOs, I would have sacrificed my integrity as a collector (given my strong views against unlicensed toys). Ironically it was other collectors of unlicensed toys that persuaded me against following them and starting the road down the "dark side"! Look, it's really up to you and your personal standards. But I'd personally pay more money for a legit toy rather than lower my standards and buy a cheap KO. "Quality over quantity" if you get my deadloc--, uh, drift.

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Thundercracker is definitely flawed in that his shoulder holes are too big. There are workarounds, but it's basically a defect. Skywarp is a little bit better and the others are perfect. Reports of fragility are false.

I stand by the belief that Hasbro will never release a G1-painted Thundercracker, so unless gaudy G2 is going to satiate you, you need to find another option, and probably quickly if you're price sensitive.

A poster named Sizzle at TFW boards posted a review with pics of Thundercracker in comparison to the official Henkei version:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transf...ml#post5366906

Summary of differences:
    -Very hard to tell its a KO while MISB. The only way is to judge from the alignment of the decepticon symbol on the wings, which differ from the official one.
    -In robot mode, the knees and shoulders on the official one have a slight notch compared to the KO which has none.
    -Another difference is that the missiles actually fit - although one side is slightly loose.

Having said that, I am weak and ordered a set of the seekers.

Overall it seems that the KO is of superior quality than the legit item.