Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: 2010 OTCA Christmas Appeal

I caught up with Katy yesterday and things have developed quite significantly. Other than the broad strokes of the what we’re proposing, Johnny had not briefed her as to the idea. After running her through the vision we have, Katy was very conducive to the concept and excited about its implementation.

She brought up the potential to run it as a project rather than purely as a charitable donation. She particular loved the thinking we’ve put behind this and loved the creativity and problem solving dimensions that TFs and Lego offer. We discussed the possibility of setting up some KPIs behind this so that we could capture the outcomes of what we’re doing. While I know this all sounds terribly formal but one of the things that excites me about it is the ability for us to really be able to measure our footprint and show that this is more than just donating. I believe that this will definitely make it easier to make a foray into the other states next year as well because it will show just how organised and well-thought out this is..

I got some detail in terms of numbers. They have approximately 30 kids in their Residential and Foster Care programs that could benefit from this. So I think we’re well positioned to help them. Katy said that if we had more gifts than this, we could nut out some details with a lady named Jill who I believe looks after regional areas

From this it evolved to the point where Katy has asked me if I’d like to come in and present to the team leaders and managers at Orana. Part of this is they would like us to share with them our thinking with other stakeholders in the organisation. She also would use the opportunity to introduce me to one of their liaisons who could put us in contact with organisations in other states (Jill, I believe). I’ve tentatively agreed to this but there are a few details I’d like to run by you guys first.

1.) I’ve been asked to put into written form some quick words (a few paragraphs) about the thinking behind creative toys such as TFs and to a lesser extent, Lego). I’m going to put this together over the next few days (I’m just a bit flat out at the moment juggling three different things on top of a full-time job). But as I do, what would you guys like to mention?

2.) The Presentation: what do you guys think we should do about this? I’m more than happy to present but am thinking should we put together a slide pack to go with the presentation? Should it contain testimonials? A map of how many members in each state? Some pictures of collections? All ideas welcomed.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    An idea on what we can do as well is keep an excel spreadsheet of what is collected/bought over the year and donated by who (or if they wish to remain anonymous) is maybe something we can look at for next years drive as well.
    Great idea this. I put together the initial excel sheet with some categories and forward to 1Azreal1 to fill in.

I've put some broad categories together but the key one I put in was a series of checkboxes with the age groups we think a TF/Lego will sit in: The categories were:

A = ages up to 7 years
    B = up to 9 years
    C = up to 12 years or more.

As always, any thoughts welcome.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

All good thoughts, looks like it is moving further than we all anticipated. I'll fillout that spreadsheet with what I have tonight hopefully, I've been leaving work late all week and all I want to do when I get home is eat and sleep

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    All good thoughts, looks like it is moving further than we all anticipated. I'll fillout that spreadsheet with what I have tonight hopefully, I've been leaving work late all week and all I want to do when I get home is eat and sleep
    No rush, mate. At the rate we're going you've got at least till early next week. If anyone wants the list or to PM myself or 1AZREAL1 to add to the list, feel free to do so as well.

And yes, I think the concept of this as a project they're going to manage even though its a Christmas present is great. I've fleshed some thoughts out in relation to what things we could measure or factors to look for but certainly any other ideas in terms of KPIs would be more than welcome.

If anyone who has given me things to donate, please PM so I can put your names to it, or leave it as Anonymous if you prefer. I didn't get a chance to write down who gave me what, as it was really hectic at the fair.

In the background, I've also been working to start dialogue with a QLD organisation as well and I found it harder than I expected to be honest. Some organisations just aren't staffed well enough to receive and distribute which was unfortunate. After a lot of calls around, I'm trying to organise something through these guys.

http://www.ifys.com.au/

I've left two calls with them today and I think the contact person's name will be Christy from conversations so far. One of the reasons they haven't gotten back to me is b/c they have an AGM on Monday which they're busily organising.

Hi STL,
    I haven't managed to catch up with 1AZRAEL1 as he's not considerate enough to live next door to where I work or live.

He tried to make himself available and I just couldn't make it work.

so, do you have an address where we can send presents. It's getting pretty close to Christmas and I'd hate to have this toy still sitting on my desk on Christmas day.

either yours or the charity I don't mind.

it's unwrapped right?

Hey mate, if you want, I can still meet up with you, I didnt get the chance to send them off last weekend.

Will definitely be posting them this Saturday though.

PS, you should be living where I work, not the other way around

Unless you are going to muse on Thursday night, I can't think of a way to meet up, I'm very busy this week out of hours, I was going to be at the powerhouse museum on Wednesday night but now I need to prepare for a job interview on Friday.

now worries, postage will probably be less than $10. I appreciate the offer though.

im so very very very proud of all of u! hopefully i can help out next year in some way