Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 OTCA Christmas Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    I agree. Also is this only MISC/MOSC complete stuff? No loose stuff this year correct?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Sealed stuff I think for the first time around. We will look into loose stuff for next year I think.
    Yeap, yeap. Next year.

But if you're not ready, no worries, as well. There's an idea I'm fleshing out more and more in my mind with loose TFs.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

I think its a great idea happy to donate some of my doubles, where would the drop off point be in Melbourne, date etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Draksprime View Post
    I think its a great idea happy to donate some of my doubles, where would the drop off point be in Melbourne, date etc.
    Sure thing. If you're in Melbourne, it'll be definitely easy. Myself or anyone else who nominates themselves can be a contact point. I'm more than happy to pick up from you or at your convenience.

I'll nut out details after I've had a chat with Katie from Orana though but I expect we'll be collecting and delivering around 5 - 15th December.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

I dont know how i am to send it , but

I Have a spare TF:ROTF D.Class Sideswipe (not opened) which i am not doing anything with and i am willing to donate.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    I dont know how i am to send it , but

I Have a spare TF:ROTF D.Class Sideswipe (not opened) which i am not doing anything with and i am willing to donate.
    Are you coming to the Parramatta fair this Sunday? I am collecting all the donated toys then and sending them off at a later date. If you want you can bring it along then.

very unlikely i will be, but i could sent it to you??

but, if i need to i will just to drop it off ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Guessing that they are not just boys, so I was going to suggest maybe picking up some girls toys as well, like My Little Pony or something as well for some of them.

Also, I will be doing a pickup at the Parra fair for those that want to donate anything. Once we hammer out more of the details I will post it off to where it has got to go.
    Thanks, mate for volunteering. Very kind of you and its very appreciated.

As for girls toys, I've turned my mind to that but I personally feel that it's not a necessity to have girl presents. When I explained it to Johnny, he said it wasn't an issue. They're happy to have us helping them out and what we're proposing is already more special than what they can usually offer. They especially love the thinking behind it - the creativity and implicit learning.

Lego, if there are any sales, is also a great equaliser too b/c some sets can be for both boys and girls. Like my sister loved the Creator and Toy Story sets this year.

So I don't want us to have to go out of our way to buy a cross-section of toys. I think let's stick to what's easiest and don't feel pressured you have to have a boy/girl present. The guys at Orana knew we've got a boys slant and they didn't mind at all. Definitely going forward for next year, we can keep a better eye on the toy shelves for good girl toy deals as well but please nobody go above and beyond to just and try and get a balance.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Optimal View Post
    very unlikely i will be, but i could sent it to you??

but, if i need to i will just to drop it off ...
    Well I work in the city everyday (Sunday to Friday) If you wanted to drop it off. If that's no good, once we figure out where to send them to, you can post it off yourself to them, saves extra hassle. Up to you in the end, I'm pretty easy going.

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    Thanks, mate for volunteering. Very kind of you and its very appreciated.

As for girls toys, I've turned my mind to that but I personally feel that it's not a necessity to have girl presents. When I explained it to Johnny, he said it wasn't an issue. They're happy to have us helping them out and what we're proposing is already more special than what they can usually offer. They especially love the thinking behind it - the creativity and implicit learning.

Lego, if there are any sales, is also a great equaliser too b/c some sets can be for both boys and girls. Like my sister loved the Creator and Toy Story sets this year.

So I don't want us to have to go out of our way to buy a cross-section of toys. I think let's stick to what's easiest and don't feel pressured you have to have a boy/girl present. The guys at Orana knew we've got a boys slant and they didn't mind at all. Definitely going forward for next year, we can keep a better eye on the toy shelves for good girl toy deals as well but please nobody go above and beyond to just and try and get a balance.
    No worries, was just a thought. I wander through toys anyway so If I spot something, I can just pick it up anyway.

And I'm glad to help

I think this is a fantastic Idea!!

I have a support idea, that is germinating at the moment, just curious if you know how many kids we are talking about here? is it one place with up to 50 kids or several places with 10 -15 each, or several places with over 50 kids? is it just in Melbourne or do they operate in other cities as well?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    I think this is a fantastic Idea!!

I have a support idea, that is germinating at the moment, just curious if you know how many kids we are talking about here? is it one place with up to 50 kids or several places with 10 -15 each, or several places with over 50 kids? is it just in Melbourne or do they operate in other cities as well?

Cheers
    Orana has a national network as well that is being reintegrated is my understanding. I'm hoping to leverage this so that we can help with one of their other sites in QLD or SA. I'm not entirely sure but am aiming to flesh this out further with them when I sit down with them next week.

I'm not entirely sure of the numbers at the one in Meadow Heights, Victoria has yet but I'll nail that down in discussions next week with them.