Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2010 OTCA Christmas Appeal

so at the parra fair did u have a box for donations that people can put toys into? maybe we could have one at the state fairs and collect for xmas

Nah didn't have a box, people just gave me some stuff.

Though not a bad idea for future fairs.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Hi STL,
    I haven't managed to catch up with 1AZRAEL1 as he's not considerate enough to live next door to where I work or live.

He tried to make himself available and I just couldn't make it work.

so, do you have an address where we can send presents. It's getting pretty close to Christmas and I'd hate to have this toy still sitting on my desk on Christmas day.

either yours or the charity I don't mind.

it's unwrapped right?
    Hey mate,

Yeah, I do have addresses but am still finalising details. The Orana one is very close. The IFYS is still in the middle stages but they're very keen. I'm waiting on one of their managers to give me a call as he's running a Christmas event this year that will focus on giving presents to children in foster and residential care.

I hope to have at least one finalised by the end of this week. The other by early to mid next week. So that should give them time to be there before Christmas.

The only thing is we do need to make sure our donations go half and half between the two places so that's a

1AZREAL, see your PM.

If we could get an idea of the number of gifts at the moment it'd be great. If anyone who intends on donating can post here or let me know how many presents they can donate, I'll put together a list of who should send what where.

At this stage, we have QLD and VIC location. So all donations will go to one of those locations.
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection

Quote Originally Posted by STL View Post
    At this stage, we have QLD and VIC location. So all donations will go to one of those locations.
    ive got a few things laying around MISB, ill grab them out and drop you a pm with what ive got

Okay everyone, finally have the details fleshed out for one of the charities, the other one close to being done. Should be resolved early next week..

Addresses and Organisation Details
    Our contact at IFYS is Bruce who is their COO and he provided the following address:

IFYS
    PO Box 1291
    Maroochydore Qld 4558

I didn't manage to catch Bruce the last time I was in QLD, he was busy with their AGM but he was very excited about us doing our little to help our communities. To give you an overview of IFYS, they pretty much offer services throughout QLD and have a footprint in a lot of the little communities outside of the major cities up to Cairns. They have about 300 kids in foster care and 70 in residential care. Bruce told me that they're closed to wrapping up their Christmas events but they would love to work with us and appreciated our desire to inspire with the nature of our donations. With any overflow, they are going to put it to birthdays next years for children in residential care which would be great as well as many kids .

In the "From" lines, could I ask everyone who is sending donations include in their address "OTCA Christmas Appeal"? EG:
    Joe Blogs
    OTCA Christmas Appeal"
    4 Iacon Speedway"
    "Iacon, SE, C-01"

This will help them identify where the presents come from.

For Orana, the address will be:

Orana Family Services
    PO Box 2086
    Meadow Heights 3048

I'm still ironing out some final details in terms of their receiving department and whatnot but its close to being finalised.

Distribution:

I've only had a few guys let me know how much they're planning to donate and as such I'm not sure where the perfect split will be. So I'm going to ask for the those in following states to send their gifts to the following locations as I believe this will give us a good 50-50 split based on responses here

QLD/NSW/NT/WA -> IFYS

SA/VIC/TAS -> Orana

Melbourne guys, I'm ramping up collection next week with a view to collect all donations by Wednesday/Thursday and conduct delivery by Friday. So if you could please text or PM me when's most convenient for you, I'll make myself available.

For anyone still wanting to donate but still haven't gotten something, with $10 PCC scouts, you can't go wrong this week!

If anyone has any questions or ideas, let me know.
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs

I'll let you know how many toys I have to send when i get home. Sorry work has just been so crazy the past few weeks that I haven't had the chance to.

Hi everyone, all details are finalised.

We did leave the running to a bit too late but both places are still very happy to have us on board this year and are really excited about next year

IFYS:
    IFYS
    OTCA 2010 Christmas Appeal
    PO Box 1291
    Maroochydore Qld 4558

Orana :
    Orana Family Services
    OTCA 2010 Christmas Appeal
    PO Box 2086
    Meadow Heights, VIC 3048

Feel free to send your presents to the organisation of your choice. But if you can't decide, the following split would be good:
    - QLD/NSW/NT/WA -> IFYS
    - SA/VIC/TAS -> Orana

Melbourne guys, let me know when you're free. I'm aiming for a Thursday delivery now.

Once again, a massive thanks to everyone who helped out!

I'm dropping stuff off to STL at lunchtime tomorrow. Anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I'm dropping stuff off to STL at lunchtime tomorrow. Anyone else?
    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Thumbs up

Posting today at lunch, should get to IFYS before Christmas, at least in time for an early new years birthday present.

Thankyou and Congratulations STL on suggesting and organising such a fantastic concept, hopefully over the coming years it can grow a little stronger.
    Last edited by UltraMarginal; 16th December 2010 at 12:23 PM. Reason: poor spelling