Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime cartoon reviews/comments (spoilers)

Normally I'm not a fan of Arcee but this incarnation isn't too bad. Time will tell if she annoys me as the series progresses. Shocked at Cliffjumpers death. Maybe thats why The Rock voiced him, as he was only in it briefly. I'm no animation expert but I like what I see (I don't hate the movie designs). Overall I enjoyed but the standout was Ratchet. I though he was a great blend of several Ratchet's past.

"Your fine says your physician" Great way to blow off guard duty.
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Watched the two eps on Youtube through the Ps3 on the BIG TV worked well
    Really?? At 360p?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Thought it was a bit gruesom with the way Cliffjumper was killed off, considering this is supposed to be G rated?

And could that really be the only appearance of Cliffjumper? Or perhaps he'll be resurected later... Seems like a waste of animation (most of the time and money is spent on the creation of the animation model, not the usage)
    He comes back as a zombie.

Aaarrgh... spoilers!!!
    Just kidding.

I was surprised that Arcee wasn't voiced by Sue Blu - it sounds like her.
    Soundwave was both creepy and cool-looking... it'll be interesting to see more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Really?? At 360p?
    Yeah sure the picture was not clear due to the size of the screen but was WAY more fun than looking at a laptop screen.

I haven't read the rest of this thread cos I've only seen ep 1 thus far (I'm about to step out, so I'll watch ep 2 later).

But some of my thoughts so far:

+ The episode more or less picks up where the comic book left off - though apparently some time has passed since Arcee and Cliffjumper arrived on Earth. Not too surprising considering the comic was intentionally written as a prequel to the pilot.

+ This cartoon is very much inspired by the live action movies. Seeing Orci and Kurtzman's names in the credits explains a lot. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, I think Hasbro are seizing the opportunity to create a series that parallels with the movie franchise and ride along with its success, which makes sense. Being written for a younger audience allows young kids who might otherwise not have access to the M rated films (or even if they did, it might not appeal to them as much (not that parts of it even appealed to adults )), are able to enjoy something very similar to the films. In some ways there are elements to this that I prefer over the movies... Jack isn't walking around desperately trying to get laid, and Miko isn't a "trophy girl". And Rafael also helps younger kids to relate too, as many of us were when Transformers came out and would be around the same age as most kids who are currently playing with toys (not that I've ever stopped playing with toys, but ya know... )

+ Is Soundwave a chick? If so, I think that's an interesting move. It allows the Decepticons to also have a female that's also a homage to a G1 character (cos it's not like we had a lot of female Decepticons in G1 to draw on - and even if they did, they'd be pretty obscure... "Esmeral who??" ). Soundwave's a character who's never been overtly macho or "manly" so it's possible to make him female. Of course, they could make Starscream female too... hehehe.

+ I'm happy with the animation quality. It's no Clone Wars, but of course, TF Prime probably doesn't have anywhere near the same budget as Star Wars. There's a lot of nice visual details, such as the battle damage on Cliffjumper, bleeding mech fluid etc. The rendering looks good, I like how the metallic car parts have that shine, and the headlights look cool.

+ Neat references: Cliffjumper often being referred to as "Cliff" (referring to his Japanese G1 name); Jack works at a place called "KO Burgers" (Knockout Burgers) - but of course, KO means something totally different to collectors - and he doesn't even have a uniform when he's at work... what kind of knockoff drive thru is this!?! ; "Robot Fight Club" -- heheh; setting the story in Nebraska is reminiscent of the way that Portland Oregon (presumably) was portrayed in the G1 cartoon - as Thundercracker would say, "Earth's so flat"; and of course, heaps of movie references.

+ The Space Bridge looks COOL! Reminds me of the Space Bridge from the G1 Marvel Comics, only cooler cos it's built inside an asteroid instead of a suspension bridge. Not sure if that asteroid is an enslaved Cybertronian or not though.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post

+ Is Soundwave a chick? If so, I think that's an interesting move. It allows the Decepticons to also have a female that's also a homage to a G1 character (cos it's not like we had a lot of female Decepticons in G1 to draw on - and even if they did, they'd be pretty obscure... "Esmeral who??" ). Soundwave's a character who's never been overtly macho or "manly" so it's possible to make him female. Of course, they could make Starscream female too... hehehe.
    No. Why does everyone think Soundwave is a chick? He plays back part of Arcee's dialouge with Cliffjumper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    No. Why does everyone think Soundwave is a chick? He plays back part of Arcee's dialouge with Cliffjumper.
    We haven't actually heard Soundwave speak yet. Unless he does in part 2, which I haven't watched yet. What we did hear was Arcee like you said.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    We haven't actually heard Soundwave speak yet. Unless he does in part 2, which I haven't watched yet. What we did hear was Arcee like you said.
    Yeah your right. Soundwave could be a girl but that voice that played wasn't his so it isn't confirmed either way yet.