Page 1 of 18 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Prime cartoon reviews/comments (spoilers)

Default Transformers Prime cartoon reviews/comments (spoilers)

Links to it on youtube - for the first 2 episodes. First 5 episodes will air in America next week, and probably weekly after that.
    No idea yet about when it will air here.

So Far...

I like it. The action is cool. Humans aren't annoying...yet, Megatron is truely Evil, Ratchet will take some getting used to, Bulkhead is badass, Prime is well.. um Prime, Starscream is skinny, Eradicons are not simple easy beat drones.

Like Like
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Only watched the first episode so far.

Thought it was a bit gruesom with the way Cliffjumper was killed off, considering this is supposed to be G rated?

Megatron's face is a bit scary for young kids as well...

Animation looks a little bland and washed out, but good to see Transformers back in action. And good to hear Cullen and Welker again.

Not liking the nose-less faces.

And could that really be the only appearance of Cliffjumper? Or perhaps he'll be resurected later... Seems like a waste of animation (most of the time and money is spent on the creation of the animation model, not the usage).

I think it will probably confuse kids who think this is part of the Movie universe, due to characters and some similar forms. Some pre-existing concepts appear to be intentionally vague, but the way they introduced the 'core cast humans' will probably seem a bit inconsistant later when other humans see them in action. And what of their parents... or their concept of stranger-danger?

Finally, am I the only one who is just a little annoyed that Bumblebee doesn't speak in a way that the audience can understand, and yet, the kid (Raf) understands him?

I'll watch episode 2 later... it might answer some of those questions.

My comments in Blue

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Only watched the first episode so far.

Thought it was a bit gruesom with the way Cliffjumper was killed off, considering this is supposed to be G rated? This was definately not expected but welcomed

Megatron's face is a bit scary for young kids as well... I hope he removes his helmet eg TFA black aracnia

Animation looks a little bland and washed out, but good to see Transformers back in action. And good to hear Cullen and Welker again. Agree

Not liking the nose-less faces. Also agree, face armour was cool

And could that really be the only appearance of Cliffjumper? Or perhaps he'll be resurected later... Seems like a waste of animation (most of the time and money is spent on the creation of the animation model, not the usage). He will be revived by the "blood of primus"

I think it will probably confuse kids who think this is part of the Movie universe, due to characters and some similar forms. Some pre-existing concepts appear to be intentionally vague, but the way they introduced the 'core cast humans' will probably seem a bit inconsistant later when other humans see them in action. And what of their parents... or their concept of stranger-danger?

Finally, am I the only one who is just a little annoyed that Bumblebee doesn't speak in a way that the audience can understand, and yet, the kid (Raf) understands him? I hate/blame Bay for this

I'll watch episode 2 later... it might answer some of those questions. E2 is much better
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

Liked it. Alot more darker than I expected.

I too am a lil peeved that BB is non speaking, but oh well. I just want to hear Sondwave dammit. I do like him a bit more now than when we saw pictures of him earlier.

prime really needs a nose or even if they went for a Optimus Primal look would have been better with the spit face plate

and as Azrael said peeved off about BB not speaking

but otherwise not too bad looking forward to see where they go with the series

oh and its good to have welker back as Megatron

Watched the first episode and half way through the second.

My thoughts - I wouldn't let my kid watch this what with Cliffjumper's death and resurrection as a zombie. Megatron looks way too scary (even for me ).

It's hard to get used to Prime with no nose.

Arcee is clearly the standout character for me.

Thankfully, as some have mentioned, the human characters aren't too annoying - yet.

Would like to see a clearer version of the show, but youtube will have to do for now.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Thumbs up

So Arcee is pretty much Priss from Bubblegum Crisis. That's awesome.

I really enjoyed these episodes!

You know I really liked TFA. I don't mind Prime but I don't I'm sort of torn. Megatron looks like a shark and I really do not like Starscream's voice, dammit I miss Tom Kenny's TFA version :/

So in conclusion I don't know. It's okay.

Well HUGE fan of new Megatron TOY PLEASE WITH SOUND CHIP HASBRO! And im not the only one not happy with BB not talking my Kids dont like it too. Watched the two eps on Youtube through the Ps3 on the BIG TV worked well