Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 182833343536373839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: December Acquisitions

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    My wife didn't get me a Xmas pressie, but she normally buys me whatever I want (or let's me buy whatever I want, as the case may be), s o it's ok.

By the by, I just back from the the shops, and today's acquisitions, have blown my mind. After i come to grips with it, I will post some pics...
    I think I might dread seeing what you have there HD.

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie_76 View Post
    I think I might dread seeing what you have there HD.
    Bill, I'm finding it hard to pick my jaw up from the ground as well.

So I'm on leave. Went to Central to have lunch with my wife, then decided to hit the shops again at 3pm... as I usually do anyway. Found real gems at a shop I frequent, fresh off the boat from Japan. Today's find is right up there with some of my most cherished, grail-worthy finds like G1 MIB Megatron, MI(S)B Grand Maximus, MI(S)B Victory Saber and G1 MIB Shockwave, scoring a vintage Victory series poster exclusive to Malaysia....

... today, I found not just 1, but TWO of the very rare Japanese exclusive "Goodbye" giftsets. I was just blown away. Too shocked to talk. After spending half an hour inspecting them, I bought them, not 1 but TWO!

Goodbye Convoy has seen better days and the box is around C7 and the toys around C7.5 to 8.5, missing paperworks. Goodbye Megatron is the real real gem though. I know its hard to believe, but it is just a piece of tape away from being case fresh MISB, everything is unused and fresh. It is seriously in amazing condition (even the little piece of styro holding Megatron in place, which is smaller than the piece for G1 USA Megatron, is intact. See last pic).

Here are some preliminary pictures...

Last edited by heroic_decepticon; 29th December 2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: added pictures

we live in the wrong country
    outstanding pieces there HDi am sooooo jealous
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

WOW HD Is the place you're living in a dumping ground for unwanted G1 relics or what WTF!! Seriously!

Dude, I know how you are about your 'high standards of collecting perfection' so to help you out, I'll take that Goodbye Convoy off your hands. It's the least I can do to help a friend
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by heroic_decepticon View Post
    Goodbye Megatron is the real real gem though. I know its hard to believe, but it is just a piece of tape away from being case fresh MISB, everything is unused and fresh. It is seriously in amazing condition (even the little piece of styro holding Megatron in place, which is smaller than the piece for G1 USA Megatron, is intact. See last pic).
    I've got no interest in G1, but seeing that HD, makes me go

That is seriously minty fresh for a 20+ yr old toy... any mintier and it'd come with a toothbrush!

Good stuff mate!

Btw, what was the damage ($) if you don't me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Dude, I know how you are about your 'high standards of collecting perfection' so to help you out, I'll take that Goodbye Convoy off your hands. It's the least I can do to help a friend
    Lol... it'd just have to fill the niche in his collection until he finds a mintier one!

Interesting that Goodbye Megatron comes with red bullets... until today, I'd just assumed they'd be blue like Megaplex's. Awesome haul (as always ) HD.

I guess eHobby gave Megaplex blue bullets to further differentiate him from reissue Megatron. That and it better matches Megaplex's blue highlights (whereas the red bullets match Megatron's red highlights).

Well... this kinda makes my acquisition for today pretty pale, but I got Animated Skywarp (on sale at Uncie Pete's, thanks to liegeprime for his assist). I also got HA Mudflap & Chromia yesterday just cos I want Agent Simmons, so I'll be listing those Autobots for sale soon in the sales yard.

My god HD that is some beautiful plastic and foam

It's 2.30am here... and I'm still sitting around trying to soak in the awesomeness of the 2 giftsets... (sad, I know). My wife came home from work late and I informed her of the acquisitions. (without looking at them cos they were in the living room), she said, I should acquire stuff at a slower rate because she would not be able to keep track of 'their names' otherwise. I assured her that these were characters she already knew. She said 'oh good, that's okay then'.

Still yet to formally 'introduce' the giftsets to my wife (she's been playing veggie samurai and angry birds), but will do so tomorrow. heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
    we live in the wrong country
    outstanding pieces there HDi am sooooo jealous
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    WOW HD Is the place you're living in a dumping ground for unwanted G1 relics or what WTF!! Seriously!

Like I said, fresh off the boat from Japan (literally 2-3 hours before I arrived at the scene). If I waited till tomorrow, I'm pretty sure they'd be gone.

You are such a buddy, I'm going to have to take some time to seriously consider your offer...

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    I've got no interest in G1, but seeing that HD, makes me go

That is seriously minty fresh for a 20+ yr old toy... any mintier and it'd come with a toothbrush!

Good stuff mate!

Btw, what was the damage ($) if you don't me asking?

Lol... it'd just have to fill the niche in his collection until he finds a mintier one!
    The Goodbye Megs was what pushed me over the edge. I inspected that the Goodbye Convoy first but was not very impressed. Thought I can give it a miss. Then I saw Goodbye Megatron and was overwhelmed with how complete and how immaculate it is (for guys who have been hunting these giftsets or have seen enough, you'd know that its extremely difficult to find either of these 2 giftsets with a box condition that is better than C7, they are mostly very damaged and ripped in many places). This set wasn't cheap, but it wasn't horrendously expensive either - it cost about as much as my MIB Grandus. G1 Megatron being one of my all time favourite toys and characters, I thought that the set would perfectly compliment my G1 Megatron MIB. So I thought I'd buy it. Then I thought, why not get Goodbye Convoy as well (it was selling for 1/3 of the Goodbye Megatron price) - it'd be awesome to get them both at one go. I don't think many collectors would have had that experience!.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    Interesting that Goodbye Megatron comes with red bullets... until today, I'd just assumed they'd be blue like Megaplex's. Awesome haul (as always ) HD.
    Also, contrary to popular belief, Goodbye Megatron actually comes with red inner arms and legs, not blue. This was being discussed at TFW at some length and the 'experts' (I'm not one of them) have concluded thus. It is almost identical to D-16: Megatron, except for molding differences and the scope/fusion cannon attachment which D-16 does not have.

To be honest, I was not very concerned with the differences, just that this is a damn nice Goodbye Megatron specimen and I would like to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I guess eHobby gave Megaplex blue bullets to further differentiate him from reissue Megatron. That and it better matches Megaplex's blue highlights (whereas the red bullets match Megatron's red highlights).
    In this case, red bullets matches the red insides of a Megatron which is not Megaplex, but is Megaplex grey.

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    My god HD that is some beautiful plastic and foam
    Thanks man!

Sweet HAul HD!! Erm I dont get the "goodbye" theme in these sets though, what does it all mean? Why the goodbye? Does this mean they die or something? - well they did in the movie... kinda. Or goodbye as in , this is the last resissuing for these toys... until Encore came along
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]