Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What grinds your TF gears?

Repaint after repaint after repaint closely followed by pricing. Lastly I personally don't care where people get thier information from be it cartoon or comic but do appreciate people putting the effort in to let you know the reference of something thay are talking about.

i actually dont mind repaints these days - it means your arent constantly spending cash on them, thus saving money for when the main toys are on shelves...

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Or in the case of certain movie toys, repaints are the only way to actually get the damn toy at all.
    Well then, looks like you are going to work harder then

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    I still say they grossly underestimated toy demand and started repaints far too soon.
    Agreed, although had hasbro followed up with decent restocking of the first waves, it would have been so bad. *Here we thank Hasbro for having enough supplies to meet demand*

George
    www.mariokart64.com

Quote Originally Posted by Borgeman View Post
    i actually dont mind repaints these days - it means your arent constantly spending cash on them, thus saving money for when the main toys are on shelves...

George
    If I had more self control I wouldn't mind them either but unfortunately more often than not I walk out of a shop thinking why did I buy this repaint.

Convention exclusives!!

Store exclusives I can take because they are necessary for toys that would otherwise not get a release (Alternators Ravage and Rumble). Convention exclusives now seem to be aimed at scalpers. Nemesis Prime was OK cos he turned up down here in abundance and Rodimus was distributed to other members thanks to Griffin/Cygnus/Soundwarp for a reasonable price. Black Convoy was the killing joke for me for Binaltech and Ligier wasn't much better.

Thankfully I only collect select Classics, othwise the Botcon set would have been the ultimate insult.

Elitist transfans..

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    Convention exclusives!!

Store exclusives I can take because they are necessary for toys that would otherwise not get a release (Alternators Ravage and Rumble). Convention exclusives now seem to be aimed at scalpers. Nemesis Prime was OK cos he turned up down here in abundance and Rodimus was distributed to other members thanks to Griffin/Cygnus/Soundwarp for a reasonable price. Black Convoy was the killing joke for me for Binaltech and Ligier wasn't much better.
    +1!

I can accept repaints by just not buying them, gimmicks I can ignore if the base figure is still good but I just can't stand exclusives. They don't seem to benefit anyone other than scalpers.

BT Mirage (Liger) wasn't a convention exclusive, BTW. Rather he was a store exclusive - sold only through the Japanese online retailer eHobby.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

The IDW Beast Wars Sourcebooks really grind my gears.

Terrible writing, worse editing and the only showing half their modes in the images is all a waste of the potential this series had.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

new gear grinder!

i finally got around to opening up my movie leader prime, and i do like . however, i do not understand why the joints on the bonnet in truck mode are grey, why not red? the color of the joint does not affect the robot mode, and it being grey detracts from the overall awesomeness of this toy

George
    www.mariokart64.com