Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What grinds your TF gears?

- Repaints of the same character. Different characters, ok. But the same one? That's just rude.
    - Intolerant naysaying fans - by all means state your opinion, but not everyone else has to agree.
    - Ultra Magnus without the trailer/armour. How cheap!
    - Incorrect scale - Beast Machines and the Movie suffer from this very badly!
    - BotCon exclusives such as the Classics Seekers - that's just nasty. A repaint of a new character, fine. But the balance of a series, nasty.
    - I also agree with everyone about missiles and gimmicks. I thought something that transforms was pretty amazing in itself, and don't want a big box of electronics getting in the way. The exception here is Armada Optimus Prime - the way the trailer transforms as you transform the cab is pretty clever.
    Last edited by Tiby; 6th January 2008 at 02:39 PM.
    MP-05 legal acquisition process:

www.megatron.net.au

My collection and stuff for sale:

www.csapo.com.au/ttf/tiby'stransformers.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Tiby
    - Incorrect scale - Beast Machines and the Movie suffer from this very badly!
    ...so did G1... there's never really been any line of Transformers that's had consistent scale. Blaster is tall enough to play basketball with Jetfire and Omega Supreme!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    ...so did G1... there's never really been any line of Transformers that's had consistent scale. Blaster is tall enough to play basketball with Jetfire and Omega Supreme!
    That I'd like to see!

Scale is something I doubt we will ever see done right in Transformers, unless we get a car only series or something...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

a la alts/BT

George
    www.mariokart64.com
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Sometimes, the wrong thing feels so right"
    --------------------------------------------------------

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Oh man you guys stole my idea! I was going to say scale!

Imagine if every Tf ever made was in the same scale!!!

Although I've gotten over most of my gripes over the years and come to accept that HasTak are more interested in their shareholders than their fans, I think it would have been absolutely and fantasically arousing if they had only made one series...ever.

Imagine if every 2000+ Tf character that has ever been sold belonged to the same universe? Then you could create truly large armies of Autobots, Decepticons and minor factions. None of this G1/G2, Armada, Cybertron, Energon, Alts, BT, MP blah blah etc etc.
    Just Transformers.....forever

Same goes for the cartoon/comic canon conundrum.
    IMO it would have been far more pleasing as a fan and complimented my suspension of disbelief if they had of written the comic series and the cartoon as one universe, so that the comics could have had background stories and more in-depth analysis of the history and war of the TF universe while the cartoon provided a main story and mainstream source for the world at large.
    I guess I'm lucky because DC introduced me to the parallel universe theory at a very young age so I could always understand the differences between comic and cartoon universes and accept them both as Truth as to me they were all TF's seperated by an invisible dimensional veil.

But yeah...would have been great if it was all one thing. One series of toys and one universe of fiction.
    Last edited by TheDirtyDigger; 7th January 2008 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyDigger View Post
    I guess I'm lucky because DC introduced me to the parallel universe theory at a very young age so I could always understand the differences between comic and cartoon universes and accept them both as Truth as to me they were all TF's seperated by an invisible dimensional veil.
    The Transformers cartoon/comic introduced me to the parallel universe at a very young age.

What grinds my gears? Lousy tech specs. The characterisation of Transformers in the tech sepc bios always made the TF universe come to life and was IMHO a big part of the reason for their success.

But these days the bios are really bad and what's with numbers like "10+" or "?" ?! The early Beast Wars ones were truly shocking and although they have got better, they haven't by much.

I tend not to even bother reading them anymore and just giving the toys (if they are not in the show or whatever) a character I think's appropriate. The upcoming Real Gear ones for instance are terrible.

And why can't the techspecs be "clip and save" anymore? I'd actually prefer if Hasbro made techspecs cards (like in some of the Japanese releases_ with the box art on one side and photos of the toy in both modes, plus the bio and the spec numbers on the other side. They came close in Energon but the trilingual cards had no bios - you had to go online for those.
    Last edited by Paulbot; 7th January 2008 at 08:41 PM. Reason: fixed link

I don't like how some of the recent BotCon toys' tech specs are written on an oversized single-sided card that cannot fit into a collectible card sleeve. I don't see why they couldn't follow Takara's cue and have the toy art on one side and the bio & stats on the other. Considering that these are limited convention exclusives (i.e.: custom production run) which fans pay a reasonably hefty sum for, I don't see why they couldn't have done that for the tech spec cards.

I would expect that smaller cards would be cheaper to produce, as well, Gok. Even if they stuck to single-sided cards rather than the double sided ones Takara produce, the standard single size would be good (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Quote Originally Posted by springah View Post
    Elitist transfans..
    Hahahaha... typical Shanty-man response!!

Ageist transfans

you know who you are!!!

for a complete list go to www.rollerscrazyrants.com.au/gov