Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Melbourne Shops - Potential TF Stockists

Quote Originally Posted by KalEl View Post
    omfg!!!
    I second that!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Found a new shop in the Boronia shopping mall today called Toyzone and I completely flipped out. There was a guy and his wife running the place and he has a huge range of stock from all sorts of different lines and from vintage to present. The Transformers gear was what caught my eye initially - he had animated, Masterpiece (Hasbro and Takara) and Cybertron all misb/mosc, and he had a few G1 specimens dotted around the place in cabinets filled with vintage toys from the USA and Japan. I managed to secure Cybertron Primus with the Unicron head and a Takara Pepsi Prime for $270, which while about $100 more than original retail is probably reasonable for (ebay) prices these days and certainly once postage is taken into consideration.

Other lines that were there were Star Wars (original kenner, vintage 90s reissues and some more recent stuff), masters of the universe (the reissues from about 10 years ago), Soul of Chogukan, Japanese vintage Voltron. Some of the more recent release toys were things like Pirates of the Carribean, wall.e, Indiana Jones.

He had lots of larger items, but they were pricey. 2 MP04 Convoys were $299, as was a vintage 12" Inspector Gadget. He had a couple of gobots power suits as well as lots of boxed Japanese and loose individual gobots (released as machine men in Australia).

Too much stuff in there to mention in one post, but it was like doing an ebay trawl except the stock was there for me to pick up and hold. Definitely worth checking out.
    Thats amazing! I will have to check it out next time I'm out that way.

Yeah, I didnt even notice the shop at first, it was my wife who saw a Transformer on the shelf and asked me if I had that one. When I looked she was refering to an MP-04 Convoy. As I let my focus drift that was when I ralised just how much stuff he had. It was like he had samples of every toy line I had been interested in since I was a kid all in the one place - I had to pause a moment to pick my jaw up off the ground

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Boronia shopping mall, Chandler road Boronia. It's over the road from Boronia station on the Belgrave train line ~1.5 hrs train ride from Flinders street depending on which train you catch.
    Holy shit, I live two minutes from that place. Never really go to Boronia Mall much these days since it is a bit of a waste land. Will check it out on Monday.

Possible for anyone to take a couple of photos in the place? Would love to just see what it looks like

Also if someone goes there before christmas can they post the opening hours, I don't want to drive an hour over there and find its closed.
    Hunting:
    Beast Wars/Machines/Neo/Second

I'll be going after Christmas, as I have run out of time today, and good chance they'll be shut. Will check it out on Thursday, hopefully will be open.

Went in there today to pickup Pepsi convoy and asked if they'd be happy for me to grab a couple of photos. They said it was okay to take a couple of shots of the outside so here they are. Sorry about the quality, I only have a HTC (not so) Legend (ary) phone camera

Any Encores or reissues?

I see blaster!!!

EDIT: http://boroniamall.com.au/ must be reasonably new....but the website appears to be growing cobwebs since June!