Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TF3 Trailer - Thoughts and Discussion

Question Alpha Trion?

Wow... I'm surprised and disappointed at the same time after seeing that trailer.

For a M.Bay movie trailer, it's not exactly hi-octane and explosive, but then again, it is very intriguing and looks quite promising - can't wait to see more.

its similar to the teaser from the first movie. that didnt really have any action in it either. lets hope this meant that DOTM is more like the first movie than ROTF

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    I wasnt really feeling the trailer, damn excited for the movie though!

But doesnt that 'moon landing' contradict the teaser trailer to the 1st movie?
    I don't think so. The government has known about the Transformers for decades. The Mars lander incident was just covered up, and you can explain away Banachek not saying "oh, we also found a crashed ship on the moon" as them simply informing Voight's character about the latest incident. And of course, Banachek theorised that the robot that destroyed the Mars lander was the same one that attacked the SOCCENT Qatar base (that goofy bit where Voight compares the daytime photo on Mars with the photo of Blackout, which is now during the daytime, even though the fight took place in the evening.)
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

Thank you FFN

I just got a little confused...

Quote Originally Posted by FFN View Post
    and you can explain away Banachek not saying "oh, we also found a crashed ship on the moon" as them simply informing Voight's character about the latest incident.
    But wouldn't it of made more sense instead of saying "Remember a few years ago when we sent beagle 3 to mars" (or whatever the direct quote was) if he said "Hey remember when we landed on the moon" What incident is more memorable?
    HATRED FOR JAMES VAN DER BEEK RISING!

Still have some stuff for sale. Free pickup at Parra Fair
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=8503

Quote Originally Posted by Gutsman Heavy View Post
    could very well explain the Alpha Trion Leader fig
    I believe those toy listing were debunked.

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    But doesnt that 'moon landing' contradict the teaser trailer to the 1st movie?
    Ha ha. Did you actually think the movie was going to make sense?

Haters goin to hate - I can guarantee people are going to complain about something.

I liked it, throws up a few questions, hopefully not all of them get answered by the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
    But wouldn't it of made more sense instead of saying "Remember a few years ago when we sent beagle 3 to mars" (or whatever the direct quote was) if he said "Hey remember when we landed on the moon" What incident is more memorable?
    You can say he referred to the Beagle incident because it was more relevant to the current situation - it only happened a few years ago and NBEs were now active on Earth. Banachek seemed to suggest that the robot which destroyed Beagle was the same one that attacked the US base at the start of the movie.

We won't know for sure until we see the movie, but evidently nothing has happened with the wreck on the moon until now.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydisc View Post
    Ha ha. Did you actually think the movie was going to make sense?
    Considering the Secretary of Defense and the upper echelons of the military didn't know anything about the Transformers, why would the majority of current NASA staff know?

Plausibly, those who participated during the Apollo program, if they knew about this secret mission, were sworn to silence, assuming those outside of that booth knew of what the real purpose of the Apollo landings were. And then it was obviously covered up, just like the Mars lander incident was covered up with the claim that the lander was destroyed on impact.
    http://www.tfwiki.net, the Transformers Wiki - Serious intellectual discussion about transforming space robots.

kinda looks like a small unicron w/out horns. perhaps he was a prisoner or something? looks good though.

He looks more like an IDW-inspired Sentinel Prime.