Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom: Classics Guzzle

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I'll see if I can link here, have to remember whose account was it too hehehe

Addit: okaaay found it, not much pics provided in the gallery . I'm also,not sold on the tank mode, as I mentioned before. You can most likely do something better for the tank mode... as it looks kinda forced IMO

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&id=1281384344
    Oooh, that looks fantastic! I actually like the tank mode, although I'd rather have a more sci-fi look ala Wreckers for my particular project. What he's done is brilliant though, inspirational stuff! So inspirational in fact that I'm trying my hand at making my own Comic-style Guzzle head!

Here are the results so far, keeping in mind I haven't sanded down the outer 'ring' part yet as I have to wait 6 hours for the putty to dry. Some of the sandpaper I used on the 'main head ball' rubbed off onto the putty which is probably down to my using the stuff I got from Bunnings and not my Tamiya grade paper...Oops. Oh well, it'll be sprayed over at some point.

What do you reckon, Guzzle? Do you think people will like you?

It's okay old pal, you'll fit in just fine. Here are the main shades of grey we'll be painting you, light grey for the tank tracks and the darker grey for the main parts.

NIce Double D. So that head is all molded from scratch? wow! Im only good with paper in making 3d stuff but not with putty though, always ends up with my finger prints - literally on the surfaces which frustrates me. Although Im going to be aking you and prolly a couple of other guys here on paint tips later later on, coz Im planning on a repaint job to make a Classics Quake and Spinister from unused Blast off and Swindle figures of Generations Bruticus Maximus. Posted this idea in another thread already. Blast off wont need much painting but swindle is a total makeover paint-wise.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    NIce Double D. So that head is all molded from scratch? wow! Im only good with paper in making 3d stuff but not with putty though, always ends up with my finger prints - literally on the surfaces which frustrates me. Although Im going to be aking you and prolly a couple of other guys here on paint tips later later on, coz Im planning on a repaint job to make a Classics Quake and Spinister from unused Blast off and Swindle figures of Generations Bruticus Maximus. Posted this idea in another thread already. Blast off wont need much painting but swindle is a total makeover paint-wise.
    I know what you mean about the fingerprints, drives ya nuts eh! I find if you lightly go over the affected areas with a water-dipped finger it can help, and then you can usually finish it off with some fine sanding if needs be (the Tamiya stuff dries like a rock so you can go nuts with this, especially if using 1200+ grit paper).

Excited to hear about Spinister & Quake, look forward to hearing/seeing more as this project develops!

EDIT: Oh and regarding Guzzle's head, anything that looks like blu-tac was done by me (using the my trusty copy of LSotW as a reference). Other pieces were sourced from parts/duplicates.
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 27th December 2010 at 12:37 AM.

Did a bit more of the head today, slowly getting there!

looking very nice....it funny because I just picked up a copy of Last stand of the Wreckers today and now have a interest in some of the characters, i was thinking of doing a Ironfist myself....just need the right mold and proper inspiration to start one....

Great stuff, Tabias. Hope you carry out your idea as I'd love to see how you go about it!

Did some more sanding & primed the head to better see where the faults lie. Lots more sanding to go...

Looking awesome there. Really loving the latest projects everyone is working on with LSOTW.

That's one awesome (massive) noggin there DD!

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    That's one awesome (massive) noggin there DD!
    You think that's massive? Check out this little puppy I found/bought on ebay...Who's callin' Guzzle short now eh??

Nice sculpting! It's coming along great.