Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom: Classics Guzzle

Default Custom: Classics Guzzle

Greetings bots and welcome to another Doubledealer custom thread! I recently imported a 4-pack of Deluxe Transformers which included the ones I really, really wanted (Jazz & Tracks) as well as two movie repaints in the form of Fallback (whose colours make him look like G1 Outback, coincidence much?) and Mindset. So I'm thinking...What to do, what to do...Then BLAMMO! Mindset is the Wreckers Guzzle I've been waiting for!! It may be a bit hard to imagine now but I'm sure it's possible, and I will make it happen! Watch this space bots!

Okay, so here's what I have to base the custom on. The default hands are far too Decepticon for my liking, so out they go! Gone too is the head & rotating SAMs which will eventually be replaced with a tank turret of some description.

Last edited by Doubledealer; 24th December 2010 at 03:41 PM.

Checklist of parts needed:
    1. Seeker fists (being bought from Skullcruncher in the new year)
    2. G1 Perceptor head (in transit)
    3. Tank Turret (will look at tanks in local hobby stores - deluxe movie Brawl may be an option)
    4. Modelling file (to shave plastic so Seeker fists can slide on)

Idea's/possibilities:
    1. ROTF Voyager Bludgeon chest piece (unlikely due to having to ruin a killer toy)
    2. Shoulder protrusions

You decapitated Mindset mate! Should have let me know and I would have happily swapped or sold you mine.

Looks interesting...can't wait to see the final result

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    You decapitated Mindset mate! Should have let me know and I would have happily swapped or sold you mine.

Looks interesting...can't wait to see the final result
    LOL, well I've got no need for my Mindset's head. Do you want mine?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    LOL, well I've got no need for my Mindset's head. Do you want mine?
    Really? Cheers mate... I'll PM you - I was going to wait for a local release and buy another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    Really? Cheers mate... I'll PM you - I was going to wait for a local release and buy another one.
    Bugger that, just have mine.

Edit: Additional pic added to original post to better show the vision I have for Wreckers Guzzle (although fists will be in normal position on the final product).
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 24th December 2010 at 03:43 PM.

Update: Modified the elbow to accept Seeker arms and here he is with my Thundercracker fists to see how it looks. As Ace Ventura would say: 'Like a glove!'. His proper hands will have holes drilled so he can properly grip his futuristic uzi's.

Note: This isn't the head I'll be using for the final toy

Oh hey, I saw one in Facebook the other day using This mold as well for - you guessed it Guzzle! He used the barrel from a Generation 2 Galvatron - it looked nice in bot mode but the tank mode is kinda meh. he did mold a whole new sculpt for the head which was spot on. Can't wait to see your version Double D.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Oh hey, I saw one in Facebook the other day using This mold as well for - you guessed it Guzzle! He used the barrel from a Generation 2 Galvatron - it looked nice in bot mode but the tank mode is kinda meh. he did mold a whole new sculpt for the head which was spot on. Can't wait to see your version Double D.
    Any links to pics mate? It would be nice to see how someone else has gone about this custom, especially in terms of colour placement. As long as a decent tank turret can be sourced I'm sure the tank mode will look great, however, it will need to be the perfect fit/scale and have a speccy paint job (I don't think simply applying dark grey will cut the mustard - it will probably need highlights, panel detailing etc.).
    Last edited by Doubledealer; 25th December 2010 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Any links to pics mate? It would be nice to see how someone else has gone about this custom, especially in terms of colour placement. As long as a decent tank turret can be sourced I'm sure the tank mode will look great, however, it will need to be the perfect fit/scale and have a speccy paint job (I don't think simply applying dark grey will cut the mustard - it will probably need highlights, panel detailing etc.).
    I'll see if I can link here, have to remember whose account was it too hehehe

Addit: okaaay found it, not much pics provided in the gallery . I'm also,not sold on the tank mode, as I mentioned before. You can most likely do something better for the tank mode... as it looks kinda forced IMO

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...&id=1281384344
    Last edited by liegeprime; 26th December 2010 at 09:23 AM.
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]