Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers United Comparison Thread

Thumbs up Transformers United Comparison Thread

I thought I would start a thread for the discussion and comparison of TakTomy's United line (as they are released) versus their equivalent Hasbro (and/or previous TakTomy) releases (mods please relocate thread if I've posted it in the wrong section)

It's quite obvious looking from the pics that the latest United releases have superior paint apps, however, they may or may not be your cup of tea (like the bright pink highlights on WFC Prime for example).

United WFC Prime Vs Hasbro Generations WFC Prime:

United WFC Megatron Vs Hasbro Generations WFC Megatron

United WFC Soundwave Vs Hasbro Generations WFC Soundwave

United WFC Bumblebee Vs Hasbro Generations WFC Bumblebee

United WFC Cliffjumper Vs Hasbro Generations WFC Cliffjumper

United G1 Style Prime Vs Hasbro Universe Prime:

United Megatron Vs Henkei Megatron:

United Bumblebee Vs Henkei Bumblebee

United Drift Vs Hasbro Generations Drift:

United Straxus Vs Hasbro Generations Darkmount Straxus

United Jazz Vs Hasbro RTS Jazz

United Tracks Vs Hasbro RTS Tracks

United Blurr Vs Generations Blurr

United Perceptor Vs RTS Perceptor

United Wreck Gar Vs RTS Wreck Gar

Last edited by Vector Prime; 26th February 2011 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post

First up is WFC Prime (United on left, Hasbro on right):

G1 Style Prime (United on left, Hasbro on right):

Drift (United on left, Hasbro on right):
    There is absolutely no comparison between United WFC Prime and Hasbro's. The Hasbro one almost looks like a KO. I may actually get it and dispose of the Hasbro version.

When it comes to Drift, I though the Hasbro toy was good enough but it does look bad next to the United release.

I really like the metallic reds on the Primes, and TOMY's logos are outstanding and crap all over Hasbro's as usual. The pink highlights on TOMY's WFC Prime are too pink for me though. And I prefer the darker blues and less yellows on Hasbro's Ultimate Battle Optimus Prime.

TOMY's Drift absolutely looks better, especially from a Japanese perspective as the colours more closely resemble those on the Japanese flag. The white looks more pure, which is more evocative of 'Yamato Damashii' (Japanese spirit), and the more vibrant red looks more "hino maru" - like the Japanese sunrise.

Megatron looks more G1-riffic, but otherwise kinda bland next to Henkei Megatron. But the lack of chrome means less stress about chippage (the chrome on my Henkei Megs chips easy ). United Megatron looks less toylike, but the lack of paint apps on the fusion cannon insignia is disappointing.

Prime is so so pretty, but the pink is maybe just a little to 'out there'
    Drift is nice to see in pure white. I was keeping a USA Drift back just incase, but not I can toss it.

I always knew Drift wasn't quite white, but seeing it look so obviously not-white next to the United one is a bit shocking!

I'm considering a WFC Prime swapperooni as well, but am happy enough with Hasbro versions of the others this time.

Why is United Megatron crying.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    The pink highlights on TOMY's WFC Prime are too pink for me though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    Prime is so so pretty, but the pink is maybe just a little to 'out there'
    +1. I'm more than happy with the Hasbro versions. They don't feel / look KO'ish to me at all.

Since I can only afford to buy one of each toy, I'll continue to support their local release.
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Wow, That United Drift looks like it's just got out from the dentist, while the Generations next to it suddenly needs dental appointment .. I like the United Megsy....
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I don't like the two JP Optimus toys, as the shiny parts on only the red bits showing in vehicle makes it look half-assed in robot mode, and worse than Hasbro's mis-matching yellows. The poor colour integrity looks really obvious on the WFC Optimus, but is still noticeably annoying on the Gen1 Optimus as well, to me at least.

At least the colours on these four aren't different enough from the Hasbro ones for me to 'have' to buy them...

United Megatron looks better than Henkei Megatron. Not enough for me to rebuy it, but if I didn't have either I'd buy the United one. The bright pink on United WFC Prime makes me prefer the subtle pink on Hasbro version. Hasbro's Drift still looks fine to me.

I look forward to seeing comparisons of Blurr and Thunderwing (so I can decide if I will open my Hasbro ones).