Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Episode Review: Transformers Prime S02E07 Crossfire

Default Episode Review: Transformers Prime S02E07 Crossfire

Airachnid and Starscream struggle to control an Insecticon warrior.

Youtube Crossfire

This episode was amazing. Great animation, amazing twists and one of the best character driven episodes yet. Transformers Prime is really starting to hit its straps

5/5
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I was looking for this thread earlier on.
    This episode is amazing, and somewhat of a nail biter.
    Friends become enemies, enemies become friends.

Prime is about to get real.

Interesting to see so much in-fighting amongst the Decepticons... doublecross upon doublecross upon doublecross! Seeing Decepticons warring with each other is certainly different from just seeing Autobots vs Decepticons or Autobots vs MECH all the time.

Also interesting to see Optimus Prime being presented with the mother of moral dilemmas when he was given the opportunity to kill Megatron. The fact that Optimus Prime pulled out his guns, aimed them at Megatron and paused was awesome... in that brief moment we saw Optimus Prime facing an internal conflict which was really interesting to see! At first I thought, "Here we go, he's just gonna let Megatron go..." but no, he actually deliberated! And we never got to see which path Optimus took as the decision was taken out of his hands with the arrival of Dreadwing and the airborne Vehicons (speaking of which - toys please, Hasbro).

Dreadwing reminds me of G1 Grimlock from the Marvel Comics. Morally ambiguous with his own sense of honour/pride and more than willing to break the rules to save his leader.

Also interesting how Starscream chose to save Arcee - not because it changes his character at all, but more of a way to torment Arcee. Firstly it dishonoured Arcee -- having to bear the shame of being saved by the Decepticon who killed her previous partners instead of being granted a "warrior's death." You could even see the humiliation in her face and hear it in her voice when the Autobots radioed her, and when Bulkhead assumed it was Megatron who took care of Airachnid, Arcee didn't correct him.

Now... for some odd reason Airachnid has the ability to mentally control the Insecticon... why? And please don't say that because they're both insects. Airachnid's an arachnid^helicopter, so that makes no sense. It's not as if insects of one species obeys the queen of another (heck, I don't think most of them would obey the queen of another colony would they?). Still... having an entire brood of Insecticons at her disposal now has made Airachnid much more deadly (instead of a limping lamer like Starscream ). Sarah Kerrigan'd!

Also neat seeing the reference to the gladiatorial pit fights of Cybertron (Kaon). I hope that the Autobots will take advantage of the obvious disunity amongst the Decepticons now... cos they'd be really silly not to. Come on Prime... be more proactive!

hmmm I guess they have to keep the numbers and can't keep adding with the arrival of Dreadwing someone had to go .....alas poor Breakdown

Okay so we see a recurring form - hope they make a figure - Insecticons - seems like juggernauts and agree with Gok, Air vehicons figures please Hasbro!
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hope they make a figure - Insecticons!
    Agreed. An insecticon figure would be awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by sideswipes brother View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    Okay so we see a recurring form - hope they make a figure - Insecticons - seems like juggernauts
    Agreed. An insecticon figure would be awesome!!
    Let's play the odds game...

* Odds that Hasbro won't make an Insecticon toy... 2:1
    * Odds that Hasbro makes a large boxed Insecticon toy... 3720:1
    * Odds that Hasbro makes a little Cyberverse Insecticon toy... 5:1

Wow...they killed off a recurring character. And not as a finale or intro episode either. Haven't seen that in a while.
    Anyone want to place odds on Airachnid surviving the season?

excellent episode. I'm beginning to love that MECH lieutenant/doctor/madscientist and his one liners.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    Wow...they killed off a recurring character. And not as a finale or intro episode either. Haven't seen that in a while.
    Anyone want to place odds on Airachnid surviving the season?
    Well it would be something different indeed, mebbe they'd kill off characters to intorduce more as the series progresses.... you know as a pattern of progression and way to produce more characters for the seires without hurting the budget (it's all about the money) .
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Now... for some odd reason Airachnid has the ability to mentally control the Insecticon... why? And please don't say that because they're both insects. Airachnid's an arachnid^helicopter, so that makes no sense. It's not as if insects of one species obeys the queen of another (heck, I don't think most of them would obey the queen of another colony would they?). Still... having an entire brood of Insecticons at her disposal now has made Airachnid much more deadly (instead of a limping lamer like Starscream ). Sarah Kerrigan'd!
    Uum, I think you are reading too much into this Gok, The Decepticons created the Insecticons didn't they? Megatron looked surprised when it attacked him.

Most kids will accept that Airachnid can control them due to her looking spider-esque, and that is probably all the justification needed. Heck, she could have been one of the Decepticons who created the Insecticons back on Cybertron for all we know, thus she can control them.