Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Henkei new Seekers?

That protototype Arcee has some child-bearing hips on her alright! Bring it on :P

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    That protototype Arcee has some child-bearing hips on her alright! Bring it on :P

That aside, I hope it's Thundercracker. Damn BotCon exclusives are too hard to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Adzma View Post

ROFLMAO

Those Prototypes were intended for Titanium, not Classics.

However if Hasbro was smart () they would release those molds in Universe even if they are made of plastic and not Die cast. Unfortunately Archer now wants to emphasize on only 'realistic' alt modes on any new molds released so the Classic G1 characters that did not have one such as Arcee, Cosmos and Shockwave will not see production.

DAMN YOU ARCHER!
    Last edited by kup; 21st April 2008 at 11:11 AM.

we must overthrow this archer fellow with a revolution, French style, before he ruins everything

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

'realistic' alt modes...

Makes me wanna hop on a plane to 1027 Newport Avenue, Pawtucket, in Rhode Island & punch that sap right between the eyes!

Damn you A. Archer! Damn you to burn for all of eternity!

The Universe line includes an upcoming Blaster toy that by no definition is a realistic vehicle, so don't count these out just yet. The Arcee looks awful but better than a Chromedome repaint and I'd buy it anyway.

MV75 is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Note what Kup said: "New moulds"

Cybertron Soundwave is not new.

Also wasn't cosmos slated for classics originally while shockwave and arcee were titanium?

I'd have loved a cosmos. They should remould that shocky and arcee for non-titanium production, as it's very obvious that they are very flawed to fit into being made from diecast instead of plastic.
    ________
    Vaporizor
    Last edited by MV75; 11th March 2011 at 09:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Note what Kup said: "New moulds"

Cybertron Soundwave is not new.
    Yeah but I still prefer to look at the energon cube half full.

Quote Originally Posted by MV75 View Post
    Also wasn't cosmos slated for classics originally while shockwave and arcee were titanium?

I'd have loved a cosmos. They should remould that shocky and arcee for non-titanium production, as it's very obvious that they are very flawed to fit into being made from diecast instead of plastic.
    I think that Cosmos toy design has been bounced around a bit from Deluxe to Titanium. Maybe one day.

If you look at the toy designs carefuly in those pics, particularly the joints on all of them and Cosmos' arms. They are very much in line with Titanium toy designs.

I could be wrong but I think that there was two versions of Cosmos, 1 for Classics that never saw the light of day not even a Prototype and Titanium which managed to get to the Prototype phase but never made it beyond.

Well, Archer is not a Transformers fan, he has said so himself. He will only see what he percieves to be the 'good' bussiness side of things. Realistic Alt modes in the movie line have worked remarkably well in satisfying both collectors and the general market so as a bussiness man with no fan reasoning, he will go forth with such because is what has made money in the market not because of what he would do as a fan.

However what he doesn't understand (most Corporate bodies don't) is that it normally isn't the case of one or the other but elements of both is what works better. G1 (first 2 years) is an excellent example of this, they had a good amount of realistic alt modes but also sprinkled the line with non realistic ones (Cosmos, Insecticons, Dinobots, etc). This kept variety going for buyers whose preference were withinn the realistic or sci-fi alt modes without overrunning a line with stuff that a portion of the market didn't want like recent toylines have. G1 succeeded in mass appeal because costumers had a choice that included a balance of both the realistic and Sci-Fi appealed to all without overwhelming neither. As we all know, G1 begun to go down when they concentrated too much in single elements (sci-Fi) in latter years and later on when they tried to cash in the success of other toy lines by mimicking them (Micromaster - Micromachines & Action Masters - Mask)

Like all things that succeed in life, its never an issue of one or the other, its an issue of striking a good balance which Hasbro seems to be failing at totally grasping since the release of Action Masters.

Edited for awful Grammar
    Last edited by kup; 21st April 2008 at 01:06 PM.