Thread: Custom: Classics Snare

Default Custom: Classics Snare

Good evening fellow bots! This one may be put on hold for a little bit while I finish Classics Guzzle, but I still wanted to put the thread in place to whet yon appetite.

Note I've taken off the plane nose and will be puttying in a slightly stubbier one in due course. Sadly I don't own the original Transformer, can someone please help me out and let me know if his head would be the right scale for my custom? Otherwise might have to go down the custom path again! Cheers.

I don't own a Terradive but I do own Snare. Not at home right now, but from memory Snare is pretty small, like he probably comes up to the top of Terradive's cockpit when standing next to him. So I'd expect his head would be too small.

Maybe G1 Stalker's head would be a better size? It has similar stylings to Snare, might just want to trim down the ears a bit. He's pretty inexpensive, but his head might be too big.

Hopefully someone who owns both figures can give you some better info

Snare's head doesn't look like it will come off easily, but despite being a shorter robot, it looks like it might work. Snare's head might need a little bit extra neck.

(This was as close as I could get the two heads to each other.)

Champion effort, Paul. Thanks for that mate! It does look like it would be a bit tricky to lop off but hopefully unscrewing everything and using the right saw would yield good results. Now to keep my eyes out for a junker...

Just had a looksie at one of my Snare's and getting the head off will be a task, there is a giant rod that connects it to the body, and the rod is obstructed by the arms (which are only screwed in, easy to remove).

However the pin is not one of the modern ones where people have mentioned that you gently heat the rod and remove, it is more like a giant pin with a flat head at one end...

goodluck with the beheading!
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Thanks for the additional info trunks, good man. Hmm, I'm wondering if I should even bother using the original head now. At this stage I'm thinking of doing another Guzzle-style job using a mixture of putty and (suitable) Transformer head. This is going to be challenging, especially as I'll spit the dummy if it's anything but perfection.

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Hmm, I'm wondering if I should even bother using the original head now.
    It would look very small on the alrger body, but I don't know who has a similar-ish looking head to Snare from more recent and likeminded size toys that you could use as a base...
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)