View Poll Results: RtS Lugnut - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 75.00%
  • Only if cheap

3 10.71%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.57%
  • No

1 3.57%
  • Not interested

2 7.14%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Lugnut

This is my most anticipated toy for the foreseeable future.

Default RTS LU-6 NU-7 Review - Part 2

I'm a Lugnut fan and, along with a minority of people, adore the "realistic" reimagining of these Animated figures. Lockdown was just a phenomenal reimagining and this Lugnut certainly did it for me too.

The robot mode screams Lugnut with his signature mono eye, angular jaw and elongated arms. It's all about the proportions. I prefer the turbines as shoulders rather than hands that the Animated version did. Conversion is roughly similar with the exception of the groovy conversion for the hands and arm. Which was the highlight for me. Articulation is ok with only the head having limited side to side movement and the jaw has to be shut if it faces anything other than straight. The gun at the back is a nice extra but utterly useless from a logical standpoint. Otherwise awesome presence in this mode and retains that terrifying presence that belies his blind devotion as a lackey.

Conversion is similar to the Animated version, retaining it's simplicity. The arm conversion were a lovely surprise that delighted me. Otherwise it's all pretty basic here. While basic, it's all you really need. Converting back to alt mode can get tricky as there's a few pegs that needs to be in place to avoid the nose from splitting apart.

Alt mode is convincing, if too much gaps here and there, especially where the legs fold into. The hands are cleverly used as motors and the gun is still as useless at the back. They should have just made a small spear that stores in there instead. Lugnut just doesn't feel the same without it.

Overall am pleased by this. Not as blown away as Lockdowns reimagining but still a winner in my books. That robot mode, just screams personality. Maybe even moreso than the Animated one.

Like NEST Lockdown, this is indeed a great, great toy. I fear that once I spot the RTS version, I won't be able to resist...Would be nice to be able to display both modes!

I bought the United version and this is my first taste of the uber shiny paint jobs Takara seem to love since the TFA series. The bling factor is very strong with bright purple metallics positively gleaming thanks to the silky gloss finish. This coupled with the equally shiny eye (complete with gold trim, no less) certainly helps Lugnut stand out amongst the crowd!

I've got this guy coming in the mail, even though he doesn't match my collecting criteria for 2011 so much...

The only thing that irks me is the use of 'Lolly Red' on the windows and random parts of the bot mode. But nothing that a few dabs of black paint won't fix.

May do something about the 'Hazard Markings' paintwork around the engines too. If it could be removed to reveal green underneath, or painted straight black, I think that could help to make the alt mode more menacing.

Nothing screams stealth like hazard markings.

I just opened up my United Lugnut, which I kinda accidentally got. I meant to get the Hasbro one after seeing pics online. But I'm glad I got the United version now.

I'm really liking the dark green in person, and the extra purple makes him feel more like Lugnut - even if it's not meant to be on his head.

The extra size and articulation makes him much better than Animated Lugnut in my opinion. And the extra bulk and the fact that he has nicely articulated fingers makes him much more imposing.

The alt mode has a very impressive wingspan, and I kinda dig how his head is actually inside his cockpit, so I can imagine him looking out when he's in flight.
    I thought I wouldn't like how the fingers are quite visible on the wings, but I find they're not that much of an issue.

I think he's actually my favourite planeformer in classics. Maybe Jetfire is better, but only because he's built with much older technology, so I'm willing to forgive his many problems.

I need a question answered by someone with a United version.... is the nose cone soft squishy plastic? the green, not the red windows

just a question, how come this guy is in the united line? Is he a g1 character i don't know of? Wasn't he in animated?? I didn't watch animated much so wondering whats so good about this guy? please explain

Does all of United have to be from G1? After all, we had non-G1 characters in previous "Classicsverse" lines, e.g. Universe/Henkei Dinobot & Cheetor (Beast Wars), Universe/Henkei Hot Shot w/ Jolt (Armada), Universe Legends Megatron (G2), Reveal The Shield Optimus Prime (G2) etc.