View Poll Results: RtS Lugnut - worth buying?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 75.00%
  • Only if cheap

3 10.71%
  • Only if (something else)

1 3.57%
  • No

1 3.57%
  • Not interested

2 7.14%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Lugnut

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    just a question, how come this guy is in the united line? Is he a g1 character i don't know of? Wasn't he in animated?? I didn't watch animated much so wondering whats so good about this guy? please explain
    POKE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Does all of United have to be from G1? After all, we had non-G1 characters in previous "Classicsverse" lines, e.g. Universe/Henkei Dinobot & Cheetor (Beast Wars), Universe/Henkei Hot Shot w/ Jolt (Armada), Universe Legends Megatron (G2), Reveal The Shield Optimus Prime (G2) etc.
    Yes it does!! Cos G1 is the best TF series ever(My opinion)!! Haha and these updated versions are awesome!!! Yeah we do have releases from other series but majority is G1, which is why i asked. But you are correct it doesn't need to be G1. Now that I think about it, was a dumb question by me hahah

Quote Originally Posted by Krayt View Post
    I need a question answered by someone with a United version.... is the nose cone soft squishy plastic? the green, not the red windows
    Yeah, it's all squishy. Which bothered me the first time I transformed him as I couldn't get it to line up right, but the second time worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by primatives View Post
    just a question, how come this guy is in the united line? Is he a g1 character i don't know of? Wasn't he in animated?? I didn't watch animated much so wondering whats so good about this guy? please explain
    You really need to watch Animated to understand the Glory of Lugnut. It defies description in mere words.
    Lost and Found is a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post
    That's because those two aren't Voyagers liege, they're Ultra Class.
    oh my bad, still havent found any though...
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I really am in two minds about this guy...
    Just not sure. I think more research is required.

Quick - To the Internet!
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Ok, so I ended up picking this guy up for $34 at the recent Target clearance. It was a bit of an impulsive buy for me, since despite reading/watching many reviews (its what us selective collectors do) I still could not make up my mind whether to get or not.

I must say I am glad I did, cause he has really grown on me.

I like the alt mode a lot more than I thought I would. Sure the undercarriage is kinda weak (Classics Octane, anyone?) but as a whole it looks good and really works. Good looking revamp of a WW2 bomber. I think I would've like it to have some more gun turrents, especially the dorsal one like the animated versions have. It also reminds me of the mod'ed B-25 that makes any appearance in Sucker Punch (cause everyone knows that you should use B-25's to fight dragons), so there's an extra layer of appeal there. Personally I like the drab olive of the hasbro version better than the dark green & purple of the united version. I also noticed that he has 10 of those weapon-clip points in aircraft mode (3 under each wing and 2 on each side of the lower fuselage). I think I like the idea of this clip system, but unfortunately atm I have no clip-system accessories with which to experiment.

Transformation highlight has got be the wings changing into arms. I find that quite unique and almost worth the purchase price alone.
    Bot mode is also pretty good, and I find myself really liking it. Articulation is a little hampered, but he's an impressive looking figure. But here is where the problems with Lugnut start for me.

My figure suffers from some pretty annoying QC issues, and I would be interested to know if anyone else's does too.
    For starters his ankles are quite loose resulting in him toppling over in some poses.
    The purple chest piece should peg into place does not even come close to pegging-in. So when posing, the whole chest-hip assembly is free to move.
    The robot hunch which has the wing roots and turbines attached to it, should also clip into place (clip spots just above the end of the painted plane mouth) but again, doesn't. It just kinda sits there and consequently moves during play posing.
    And the RtS sticker is on a strange angle.

Its a shame, cause little things really detract from the glory of the figure as a whole.
    Still, he seems to be on everyone's to-get-list, and he should be.
    Overall a great figure. Especially at its current price.
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

I'm going against the overall trend on this thread and vote no.

I don't feel the Lugnut love here.

In robot mode I find the arms too restricted and the popout hands seem a pointless gimmick. The transformation doesn't feel all that original to me, it feels a bit like Cybertron Jetfire. Animated Lugnut's weapon was cool, the hidden missile launcher on this toy isn't.

I do admire that they are able to make the robot form a pretty sizeable jet but after transforming it once I'm in no hurry to transform it back to robot mode. This has gone straight to the sale pile.

Stick to the Animated one.

I don't even like Animated Lugnut... needless to say my interest in RtS Lugnut is quite minimal (oh well, if anyone is having trouble finding this toy, you can bet it wasn't me who bought it )

Doubt it will shock anyone when I say that I love this figure.

Transformation is fairly intuitive and fun without being simple or fiddly. The arm gimmick is nice but not necessary, and the alt mode is beautiful.

The animated version is better, as Paulbot said, the transformation is a mix of Cybertron Jetfire (especially the legs) and Animated Lugnut, and actually has a show character to represent, but for a toyline with no show characters this is a fantastic upgrade/update to a stylised toy.

Highly recommended for those who loved animated and just recommended for other tf fans.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)