Page 1 of 9 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Watchmen movie

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Default The Watchmen movie

Some of you intellects out there should know already that the greatest story ever told is getting made into cinematic excellence.

Wet my pants thoroughly when I saw this trailer....

WATCHMEN TRAILER

TheDirtyDigger Guest

Did I mention that this was the greatest story ever told?

Don't take offence mate but it looks stupid............

*Runs and hides*

TheDirtyDigger Guest

No offense taken.

It is still the greatest story ever told, the greatest comic book ever written and will be the most brilliant movie ever made as long as Hollywood stick to the script and don't rape it as they have the other works of the brilliant Alan Moore. i.e. From Hell, V for Vendetta and the atrocious (movie not book) League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
    It does require a higher level of intelligence to understand the various themes, characterizations and subtexts running through it, but even for the cerebrally challenged it can still be enjoyable.

Come on, who would watch the watchmen? :P

I hope it's good too, although I liked the movie of V For Vendetta (but haven't read the book). If it's like the League movie though I will not be happy.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

V for Vendetta is a great movie in my opinion as well although the Creator (bless his name) was unhappy with the way it deviated from the book.
    The book of course being absolute brilliance.

With Watchmen they are apparently attempting to be as true to the source material as possible.
    Unlike LXG where they deviated as much as possible.

Default The Watchmen movie trailer

While I'm certainly looking forward to Transformers 2, and G.I. Joe I have to say that the film I'm most hoping will be good is the Watchmen and finally the first trailer is released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg

While I admit I only read the graphic novel a few years back It completely won me over as the best take on Super Heroes I've ever encountered not to mention the inspiration for things like the Incredibles and Marvel's Civil War crossover. I can certainly see why its recieved so many accolades.

And so far the trailer looks pretty damn spot on for imagery, just hope they can capture the story as well. While V for Vendetta was not bad, I'm still burned from Leauge Of Extrodinary Gentlemen.

TheDirtyDigger Guest

OMG Lord Zed...another true believer.

Check this already posted thread and could mods please merge if I promise to behave for all time*

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showthread.php?t=1649

*all time may or may not mean 24 hours

Sorry TDD missed that in my eagerness to post after being impressed by the trailer.

By all means Modly ones please merge this thread into the other

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwarp View Post
    Don't take offence mate but it looks stupid............

*Runs and hides*
    You wouldn't say that if you had read the graphic novel.

On this I agree with The Dirty Digger, the Watchmen is the best interpretation of the Superhero or costumed vigilante genre I've ever seen. You can see its influence in the movie the Incredibles and Marvels Civil War crossover series.

And as a graphic novel and piece of literature it's pretty damn clever to, the subtle parody of the golden and silver age comics and the darker comics that followed in the 80's and 90's is brilliant.

I dunno about the greatest story ever told, but quite likely the greatest Graphic Novel ever told even TIME magazine thought so listing it in the top 100 novels from the last 50 years.

And the trailer looks WOW! The imagery is spot on, lets hope the story is to.

My only gripe is Ozymandis looks a bit young and lanky, but its only a small gripe.