View Poll Results: RtS Perceptor - worth buying?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 88.89%
  • Only if cheap

5 13.89%
  • Only if (something else)

2 5.56%
  • No

1 2.78%
  • Not interested

1 2.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - RtS Perceptor

Thumbs up Toy Review - RtS Perceptor

It was love at first sight with Perceptor.

The moment I first saw him, I knew this would be a cool toy - he's a fantastic homage (in bot mode) to the original G1 character.

While he doesn't transform into a microscope, I think we would all agree that in this day and age, his alt mode of a half track vehicle is much cooler (unless you're a complete geek and have an affinity for scientific equipment).

Transformation is a little bit fiddly on this guy with plenty of precise adjusting to get bits and pieces to fit together correctly and lock into place (not to the same extremes as Universe Galvatron though).

He also ends up with a fair bit of kibble hanging off him - but it's all neatly done and not to the same extent as ROTF NEST Brawn for example.

Articulation is as expected on a toy like this - excellent - however my one gripe is that his shoulder cannon cannot be adjusted.

I don't know how the United version will end up looking, but the Hasbro version is already loaded with plenty of chrome bits - all very nicely done.

Perceptor is an excellent figure and is a definite buy on sight, even at full retail.

9/10 (totally awesome!)

Last edited by Vector Prime; 24th January 2011 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Prime View Post

I don't know how the United version will end up looking, but the Hasbro version is already loaded with plenty of chrome bits - all very nicely done.

Perceptor is an excellent figure and is a definite buy on sight, even at full retail.
    the Untied version loses the chrome and has clear yellow windows instead of the orange.

The RTS version is awesome, a must buy at full retail
    Incoming:
    Preordered:
    Recent Buys:

Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    load of Bartrim manure
    Welcome to Grantmart!:
    http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...1496#post61496

Quote Originally Posted by fatbot View Post
    the Untied version loses the chrome and has clear yellow windows instead of the orange.
    No bling? That just makes the RTS version such a better G1 homage IMO (since the original had chrome).

hmmm. he doesnt come with any weapon does he?
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    hmmm. he doesnt come with any weapon does he?
    He has his shoulder cannon lol. But that's why I bought G1 gun at the last fair to go with him when I get him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    He has his shoulder cannon lol. But that's why I bought G1 gun at the last fair to go with him when I get him.
    oh good thing Ive got a spare of that in black too (for magnificus actually)
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    oh good thing Ive got a spare of that in black too (for magnificus actually)
    In black, I think it may look better. If it does, I know what I will be doing with my G1 Perceptor gun

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    In black, I think it may look better. If it does, I know what I will be doing with my G1 Perceptor gun
    Sharpie? heheeh

His robot mode reminds me of this dude minus the big ass weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by sanbot View Post
    His robot mode reminds me of this dude minus the big ass weapon.
    Perceptor has been a repaint of Red Alert before

Oh, RTS Perceptor owners. What's the toy's head look like in the instructions? Is it a good Reflector?