Thread: The Football (all sorts) Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What an awesome game so far!

Oh and now, what a fight! This will be great headlines for the NSW Papers tomorrow!

Manly all over the Storm, but the Storm have done extraordinarily well to hold them out. An injury to Williams was beautifully handled, the Storm players were fantastic in ensuring that Williams was secure and safe. six tackles later, biffo is on from stupidity.
    Well done to the officials for sending Blair and Stewart for running a looong way in, sure it was obvious, but they dealt with it well, then the morons punched on (almost looked to me like they had a little chat to orchestrate it!). So from sin bin to send off.

However Brett Stewart should have been binned too, he did the exact same thing when the 2 sin binned players went on, there is no way he was running in to break it up like his teammates seemed to.

Will be very interesting to see how 12 on 12 goes, and how many more times the teams will shape up, Melbourne certainly the winners of the send offs.

Blair and Stewart should get a few weeks off as well, for the sideline fight. Such stupidity.

-Added extra-
    Sloppy defense in the final minute saw Slater score, that was not the Storm who turned up this game, Manly grinded this team of pretenders to the dirt. I have not seen the Storm that flat and negative in a very long time. Manly were great though, but at what cost? They should lose one Stewart for a few weeks, the other is injured again (or too scared to face off against a real fullback), Wolfman could be gone for good (if it is the same injury as Dyer had), not to mention the physical toll from all that tackling.
    Crowd gave Manly at least 12 points, they bought lots of penalties and everything went Manly's way, calls, bounces, the lot.

The other game sounds intereting, I only got snippets, but the Roosters went from ordinary to ramped up in the last 15... Parra for the SPOOOOOOOON!
    Last edited by i_amtrunks; 26th August 2011 at 09:41 PM.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)