CONVOY
Series - Masterpiece
Sub-line - N/A
Size/class - N/A
Released here - no (JP release September 2019)
Approximate Retail Price - 50,000JPY (685AUD)
Approximate Size - 23cm
Allegiance - Cybertron
Alt-mode - Freightliner FL86 truck
Main Features/Gimmicks - Greater G1 cartoon likeness, greater poseability, bilingual voice chip
Main Colours - Red, blue, white
Main Accessories - laser rifle, 2 beam effect parts, Matrix, Energon axe, damaged head, alternate head, Starscream head, Starscream shoulder intakes, damaged chestpiece, jetpack, trailer/combat deck, Roller, Spike Witwicky figurine, Sparkplug Witwicky figurine, Carly Spencer figurine, fuel hose, mobile anti-aircraft artillery tower, adapter

Pics and comments about just the cab robot first. I'll post piccies and comments about the Trailer and Roller another time.

A convoy of Convoys, L-R: versions 1, 2 and 3

Back view

Shaking hands with Mk I

Shaking hands with Mk II

Medium close-up shot

Stoic pointing

♪Don't you... not-remember about me. Don't don't don't don't...♭

Chillaxing

Battle pose

Boot to the...

Boot to the head!

March of the Convoys

Demonstrating the hand articulation with a Karate knife hand strike (Shuto-uchi)

Demonstrating impressive wrist articulation with a Tai Chi Parting the Wild Horse's Mane

OVERALL THOUGHTS
This level of slavish G1 cartoon likeness really isn't my thing. MP Convoy Mk III aesthetically reminds me of Action Master Optimus Prime, only with way more articulation and he can still actually transform. The range of movements on this figure is stunningly impressive. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the front hip panels actually retract to allow the thighs to swing up, then spring back out when you lower the legs. This toy does an amazing job in concealing so much of the truck parts. This MP Convoy just looks like Optimus Prime has come out of your TV and become real. It's really well done much in the same vein as MP Inferno, Grapple, Ratchethide etc. If G1 cartoon likeness is your thing then this toy won't disappoint. I'm personally satisfied with MP1 but I can see the appeal of this toy too.

Recommended if cartoon likeness is your jam and you afford the hefty price tag. Otherwise feel free to stick with MP1 and/or MP10 and carry on.