Sub-Group - Macromaster
Alt-mode - construction station
Main Features/Gimmicks - Weaponiser
Main Colours - yellow, black, greys
Main Accessories - gun

PHOTOS

Comparison with G1

Thoughts
I'm enjoying this toy a lot more than I expected to. I really like how each mode is an homage to a different aspect of G1 Ironworks. The robot resembles G1 Ironworks' robot mode, the construction base resembles Ironworks' station in base mode, and the tower mode resembles Ironworks' station in battle station mode. As a Weaponiser this is a "partsformer" like Siege Cog, Sixgun, Brunt etc., but with the bonus feature of basically being a triple-changer.

This toy reminds me of what CHUG was like in its early years, before the toys tried to be slavish emulations of their G1 counterparts and dared to be something more unique but also instantly recognisable as the character that they're meant to be. Although unlike early CHUG this is based on a not as widely known G1 character, and I really love it when CHUG visits these characters who honestly haven't had a new since... well... since G1! I don't need another CHUG Jazz (I've owned three of them) -- but we desperately needed a CHUG Ironworks (looking forward to Airwave and hoping that they'll do Hot House and Greasepit).

A great figure that is more fun than it has the right to be. Strongly recommended.