That being me

So i am a huge macross fan as anyone who has seen my little thread on my toy collection would know. i love Kowamoris planes; from the VF-0 to the Vf-27, i think his designs are amazing. So when i heard that the new masterpeice Starscream was Kowamori designed, i was intruiged.

Now, i am at best a casual TF fan. i liked the original series as a kid, but not as much as an adult. i STILL havent seen all ofbeats Wars aor any of Beast Machines, havent seena ny of the Japanese only shows, missed RID completely and only saw bits of the Armada/Energon/Cyberton shows. Toy wise, i got back into TF's with beast wars for a short time, but didnt last into the Transmetal/Fuzor period. i started getting into the world againwith the Dreamwave stuff and Armada toys, and it snowballed from there. I have ALOT of transformers, but not nearly as m,any as many of the members here. And even then, my natural inclination towards heroic characters over evil ones means i often only get the Autobots (Or equivilant) of a line. Decepticons are rare for me.

So i waited, and reviews on Starscream seemed mixed. My Macross friends seemed to like it fo th most part, though many said it was fiddley. Transformers fans seemed VERY divided, but the overall opinion wasnt good, so I decided to pass.

Flash forward to just before Chrissy and whist checking out TFsource.com for Alternator Mirage (who is cool, BTW, but i dont like him as much as i thought i would.) i saw Skywarp going relatively cheap. he was black and cool looking so I thought what the hell and grabbed him. i figured worst case scenario, the Jet looked good id just display that and never transform him.

Well, he arrived today and lemme tell u that I was amazed. The jet mode is striking, the robot mode is surprisingly versitile, and the whole package comes togetehr very nicely. now ive transformed hima few times now, and i have to tell u; this 'fiddley' thing i kept hearing about is NOTHING compared to some of the macross stuff.

Anyone who has trouble with these, o NOT by the yamato toys YF-21, because this is a cakewalk compared to that alone! Even the 19 is a bit trickier than this! i found skywarp to be a very clever and intuitive transform both ways. he locks tight, nothing falls off, there are no scary moments....i guess Im just floored by wht the issue is here! Heck ,i had more trouble with masterpiece Prime the first time than i did with this!

i hope im not coming across as "Im so much smarter than you all!" because my spelling alone shoul prove Im not! Im Genuinely confused about what the gripes with the toy are! Hell, i like this one so much Im gonna get Thundercracker and Starscream too! these are great!

And coming from a fan of the good guy, this is high praise, let me tell u