Thread: Transformers questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I moved into my current place a few years ago and my TF room has no light, and toys that I've purchased since moving in here have experienced no discolouration so far (touch wood). This is because I've completely blocked the one small window that the room has. At my last place, my TF room had an average size window, but even with the Venetian blinds closed some light would always bleed in. I tried to cover the gaps but I couldn't do it completely.

My current TF room has a tiny window with a solid roller blind (no slats for light to seep through). I've stacked some empty TF boxes in front of the blind as another barrier, then draped a wall-hanging (of Dinobots) as another barrier (with yet another Galaxy Force wall hanging to further block out any light leaking out from the side), then in front of that I've stacked a pile of boxed TFs as yet another barrier. And I can tell you that even in the middle of the day, when I switch off the lights and close the door, it is nearly pitch dark in that room. Also on hot summer days, that room stays cool. It could be over 45? outside but the hottest temp I've measured in there was maybe around 26?. That room has no air conditioning, but just by virtue of keeping out most incoming sunlight, it stays pretty dark and cool. It's dark enough to develop photographs in.

Left: my previous TF room which had a large window with a Venetian blind. I had drapped wall hangings on either side (but couldn't cover the middle), put pieces of paper and cardboard around the edges to block out some light, and also stacked boxes behind and in front of the blinds to block more light. But it wasn't perfect as light could still seep in and eventually, despite my efforts, some toys kept in that room did experience some photodegradation.
    Right: my current TF room which has a small window covered by a solid roller blind. In this pic you can see the two wall hangings draped over and around the window. Behind the big drape are empty TF boxes stacked up. After this photo was taken I stacked up more TF boxes in front of the drape. I had eventually done the same thing at my previous room, but I the real difference is having a smaller window and the roller blind just works so much better than Venetian blinds in just block out sunlight.

Another option would be just to paint your windows black. The downside to having such a dark room is that photos and videos often don't show up well. And recently when I've been doing video conferencing my chat window always looks the darkest compared to other people's. I've put a small desk lamp in that room just to help illuminate me when I'm doing video chats (I shine it onto a white shirt in front of me so that the light reflects back into my face rather than blinding myself with the lamp pointed directly at me ). Had a video faculty meeting today - everyone else was in these nice brightly lit rooms whereas I looked like I was sitting in a basement* full of toys. I might take a screen shot next time I do a video chat to show you how it looks like.

(*despite being an upstairs room)

This is a WFC toyline question and not news, so hope it's okay for me to post here.

Does anyone know if it's likely that we'll get a voyager class Rodimus Prime and/or similar sized Blaster?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I moved into my current place a few years ago and my TF room has no light, and toys that I've purchased since moving in here have experienced no discolouration so far (touch wood). This is because I've completely blocked the one small window that the room has. At my last place, my TF room had an average size window, but even with the Venetian blinds closed some light would always bleed in. I tried to cover the gaps but I couldn't do it completely.
    When I saw photos of your toy room without reading the text, my initial thought was "Where is this toy shop?"

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Does anyone know if it's likely that we'll get a voyager class Rodimus Prime and/or similar sized Blaster?
    I think it's very likely but not in Earthrise. Maybe what comes next. Blaster probably earlier than Rodimus. I think a new Rodimus Prime would be a Leader toy - but height wise he'd be close to a Voyager like Earthrise Astrotrain and Optimus Prime are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I really want a Voyager sized Rodimus and Blaster. The Leader sized figures from a couple of years ago tower over their cohorts.

I too wouldn't be shocked to get a new Rodimus Prime, but I also think it will be in whatever the third part of this trilogy is. Waves 1-3 are already completely known and on the basis that Earthrise will be comprised of four waves (like most of the recent Generations lines) I can't see Hasbro shoving a marquee character into wave 4.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Is this the first time Hasbro has mentioned/acknowledged Diaclone in their marketing? Just stood out to me as odd.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Is Piranacon/King Poseidon the only instance of the US and JP versions of the same combiner having different canonical positions for the limb-bots in the combiner?

Updated my collection list and got stuck.... What are we calling the "Selects" ranges?

The hasbro based ones fit nicely into the current lines...

Richochet, Red Swoop = PotP
    Powerdashers, Hot Shot, Smokescreen etc = Seige

But what about Star Convoy, Seacons, and one day Super Megatron??? It was the Seacons that tripped me up... Are they PotP? Starconvoy could be, but Turtler doesn't have a core....