View Poll Results: TR Blurr -worth buying?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 72.22%
  • Only if...

3 16.67%
  • No

1 5.56%
  • Not interested

1 5.56%

Thread: Toy Review - Titans Return Blurr with Hyperfire

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Toy Review - Titans Return Blurr with Hyperfire

Blurr with Hyperfire
    Series – Titans Return
    Size/class - Deluxe
    New/remould/redeco - New
    Wave - 1
    Released here – August 2016
    Approximate Retail Price - $30
    Approximate Size - 15cm
    Allegiance - Autobot
    Alt-mode – Cybertronian Racer
    Main Features/Gimmicks – Headmaster feature
    Main Colours – Blue, more blue, bit more blue, some slightly different blue
    Main Accessories – Rifle, Titan Master Hyperfire

No pictures as I'm doing this on the sly at work.

Here is my review in capsule form

• Robot mode is sleek, stable, and highly poseable. Aside from the usual joints, the shoulder articulation is more or less unimpeded, there are bicep swivels, wrist swivels, a waist swivel, and thigh swivels. The only thing missing is fully ankle/heel articulation. This bugs me a lot more than it should, mainly because I have a lot of hatred in my heart for the molded A-Stance feet that have been frequently used recently.
    • All the joints on mine are pleasingly tight.
    • The blue is just about as bad in person as it is in photos. It's more predominant in robot mode, not so bad in F Zero mode. Get the LG version if this is a bother. It annoys me but ultimately I'd rather them sacrifice paint and spring loaded missiles instead of engineering for budgetary reasons.
    • The headmaster gimmick works well, though from certain angles I suppose the head can look a bit large with reference to the quite bulky looking IDW Blurr. Also being a Headmaster it loses some of the angular look and layered crests that Blurr's head has in IDW,because it is basically just a block with a head on the front. Wouldn't mind a third party, smaller non detachable head in all honesty. There'd be room for it to stay on during the transformation.
    • Transformation is simple but pleasing in many ways.
    • F Zero racer mode pegs together firmly and rolls on three little wheels. Hyperfire fits well in the cockpit and if you like me are annoyed at the gap in the canopy that prevents the pilot enclosure from being fully sealed you can put Hyperfire in place and fold the seat back forward so it gives the appearance of a sealing up. That said the gap and open cockpit is G1 toy accurate.
    • The big win for me with this figure is that partsforming is not a requirement. The nosecone/shield stays in place firmly the entire time you transform the figure. Another big win is this stay away from the recently unfortunately prevalent hollow forearms syndrome (see: TR Hardhead).

Overall this figure has to some extent restored my faith in Hasbro mainline releases.
    Last edited by SharkyMcShark; 31st August 2016 at 11:25 AM.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.