View Poll Results: JP MP Rumble/Jaguar - worth buying?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 55.56%
  • Only if...

8 29.63%
  • Not worth it

3 11.11%
  • Not even interested

1 3.70%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Toy Review - JP Masterpiece Rumble & Jaguar

Quote Originally Posted by KaRNiV8L PRiME View Post
    Did anyone else get 2x left handed pile drivers
    It doesn't affect the use of the drivers but only one of the guns fit in
    That very annoying !! i got two left hand on my alternity ultramagus , the seller sending a replacement but didn't came yet

A nice set - the main thing that kinda disappoints me is how front heavy the piledriver arms become... I've yet to figure out a way to pose Frenzy & Rumble with the hammer arms in "alternating" positions (i.e. one piledriver extended, the other retracted). I can pose them with their piledrivers either both extended or both retracted. :/ Other than that it's a reasonably good design. I can see why others have found Ravage to be disappointing... he's by far the weakest MP Cassette design, but he's also the most audacious/challenging robot mode to transform into. The head/neck halves on mine don't lock in very tightly (though no where as loose as say MP Lambor's shoulders ), and the head/neck kinda ends up looking kinda fat (at odds his extremely thin body and legs). I'm personally not engrossed by the choice of colour they've used for the lower legs. I'd prefer something more closely approximating "gunmetal" grey, but I guess they didn't want the legs to "blend" in with the weapons or the silver decos from the cassette mode. I don't think Ravage is terrible, but he's certainly the least strongest of the MP Cassettes. They tampographed Decepticon logos on both shoulders is a nice touch.

At full RRP you're looking at about $22 per cassette - which is nearly the price of a cheap Deluxe Class figure. I personally don't think it's worth paying that; I pre-ordered these toys, so I paid $16 per cassette, which is $1 above Scout Class RRP (or a few dollars below Commander Class), so I'm voting "Only if" you can get it for below RRP. Otherwise just wait for the Hasbro version.

My MP Rumble came with two right Piledrivers. Did anyone get two Left piledrivers with theirs? If so, let's swap!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    My MP Rumble came with two right Piledrivers. Did anyone get two Left piledrivers with theirs? If so, let's swap!
    See above
    Recent Additions:
    Robosen Auto Converting Optimus Prime
    Incoming:
    Canon Optimus
    Wishlist:
    MP Jazz, MP Ricochet, MP Waspinator
    Selling:
    Lots, just need to sort it out.
    Looking For:
    Seige Cyberton upgrade Optimus Prime

I've updated the How to answer the TakaraTOMY online survey thread with more specific questions for Masterpieces, especially for the Cassettes. Unfortunately TakaraTOMY still don't leave any 'free space' to leave specific comments (like telling them that you've received two R-side piledrivers ). That's something I really miss from the old Takara self-addressed survey cards. But anyway, I've given the toy a lower score in some areas reflecting my dissatisfaction with the double R piledrivers.

I've also voted for "Ultra Magnus" as the MP I'd like to see next. Odd that they still have Bluestreak/Prowl as an option considering that it's already being made! (mebbe they need to update this part of the survey)

Video Review if anyone is interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKnQ6dIRVOw
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Just busted mine out today and I gots ta say I am pretty impressed with these bad boys. I have all required pile drivers and the articulation on Rumble is noice. Does he have a waist twist by any chance? From my exploration I am going to say no, but maybe he does and it's just really incredibly tight.

Ravag is pretty impressive as well. Nice sleek looking mode clever transformation that makes him more than wafer thin and fun articualtion. Although iirc, g1 Rabage was pretty well done.

So far out of all the cassettes, the one that impressed me the most was Buzzsaw/Laserbeak. I think they show the most impressive design advances from the original toys over all the others.

but then (once again) I guess it shows how well the other cassettes were designed in the first place.

Update on my RR piledriver situation - TakTOM have come good, supplying me w/ replacement part and letter of apology.

I still need to get these but nobody has them at a decent price.

Wait for the local Hasbro version, dude. It'll work out cheaper.