Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 122227282930313233 LastLast

Thread: August Amalgamations

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Just comics for me today, which was fine as it was a big week with 4 releases, and is the only reason I'm mentioning it here, in case others didn't know (especially about the Classics US volume).

RG1 94 (always get cover B), MTMTE 20, BH 4 (sub cover, which was nice, nice little story there), and TF Classics vol 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Yep, it's a totally legit unproduced Attacktix Prowl test shot. Missing the missile, but who cares about that?

I'm absolutely thrilled to add this piece to my collection, and it's all thanks to TinyJazz. I'm indebted to her, and owe her BIGTIME. It all came about from her random act of kindness, and I'm so very grateful for that.

Cheers for TinyJazz!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    That there is a cool acquisition accompanied by a very cool acquisition story.
    thanks for the read Cat, and kudos to TinyJazz.
    You guys. I'm just glad it all worked out for you Cat.

I feel a bit daft making this monster post now. Finally had a chance to photograph them, my amalgamations for the month of August.

Man, I hope you guys like Jazz.

A European packaging variant of the Premium deluxe, from Norway! The "allspark power" backing card makes the toy really pop, it's so cool in person. Also Mr. May 2008 and yes, I Can Read!. (I know some of you were a bit worried .)
    Guido Guidi did the interiors, and it would have been nice if they'd used his art on the cover instead of the creepy visor-less render. Kids and marketing, what can you do?

The newest vintage additions to Party Central (cocktail napkins, essential!), plus a roller stamp in variant packaging, loose stamp bot variants and a Hasbro decoy.

This sounds kinda dumb, but I'm totally going to read "Peril from the Stars". I used to love choose your own adventure stories when I was a kid, I probably tried to write one about dragons when I was nine or something. Anyway, apparently it's really easy to get Jazz (and yourself) killed in the book. :/

Moving on...

Modern stuff. The botshots are from HTS. The TLS Vinyl is great! I'm so impatient to ship my POL to get the others. They're the perfect size and way better than mighty muggs in every way. He doesn't seem interested in holding his gun very well though.

I don't care much for Starscream, but that machine embroidery on the logo is amazing. Anyway, the real reason I bought the snapback is this:

It's so soft too.

Paid griffin a visit and picked up some extras:

Thanks griffin!
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

That's quite a lot of jazz!

Wow, that roller stamp is an impressive pickup and really cool (just like Jazz!)

Loose Animated Voyager Blackout.

Sadly the only Voyager Springers and Blitzwings I saw were kinda pricey, but happily the colours on Springer look a lot better/less drab in person than they do in photos.

Awesome haul, TJ! When's the party?

So I was looking at my Alt/Binaltech/Alternity shelves & I realised that I had just enough room for one more - & it hit me - I needed a Grimlock! Since I already had an Alt Wheeljack, I decided to get my hands on a Binaltech Grimlock...

& now my shelves are officially full (there are 25 of them crammed in there )

*sniff* I miss having Red Alert.

Anyway, got Energise Blades the Chopper Bot today. Would've preferred the original deco, but I personally never saw it in stores (and I'm not a big enough fan of Rescue Bots to import them)

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeSoundwave View Post
    That's quite a lot of jazz!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Mackness View Post
    Wow, that roller stamp is an impressive pickup and really cool (just like Jazz!)
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I really like the vintage stationary and licensed stuff. You don't see it as often as the actual bots, which is a shame because they put out some really cool and unusual pieces. It would be nice if we could get that kind of variation today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Awesome haul, TJ! When's the party?
    Every day dude, where ya been? Thanks Sinner.
    "The Decepticons keep bad company - each other!" - Jazz, G2

Quote Originally Posted by tinyJazz View Post
    Thanks guys. Yeah, I really like the vintage stationary and licensed stuff.
    I used to have Transformers stationary... but then I moved.

<jkz>