Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 81823242526272829 LastLast

Thread: IDW Transformers ongoing [spoilers]

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    You complain about the price and content compared to Marvel G1.

Again, that's absolutely pointless, and a false equivalence.

It's rubbish to harp on about it.
    To be fair, Gok is more reminiscing on how the Marvel comics were rather than making direct comparisons. His point is more to do with value for money which clearly the IDW comics do not provide while the Marvel ones did.

There is very little in the typical IDW issue to justify the heavy price tag.

i picked this issue up on sunday and have read it a couple of times... it is a nice ending.. although a bland one...it was a good retrospect from a possible ending with some possible spoilers like wheelie the first to see the great destroyer... etc etc.

i do hope the stories get better with the next relaunch/reboot
    UP UP CRONULLA

Follow Me on:

Twitter - @Sharky_Wattsy

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    To be fair, Gok is more reminiscing on how the Marvel comics were rather than making direct comparisons. His point is more to do with value for money which clearly the IDW comics do not provide while the Marvel ones did.

There is very little in the typical IDW issue to justify the heavy price tag.
    Again though, it's not fair to compare it to 80's Marvel.

A fair comparison would be other comics on the market today, in which case, TF's fares reasonably well, and in fact, BETTER than a lot of Marvel comics which are also $3.99US, have less pages, less story, and are printed on a cheaper paper/cover stock.

Alright guys, time to change the subject.

We just have to keep it nice and friendly, not that hard.
    If you think someone is going on and on about something or is having a shot at you: ignore it and if it really bugs you report it.

Lets just drop the issue and continue on with the general discussion of the Ongoing series.
    [/Mod speak]

Also, anyone know where to pick up the first 4 trades for this series?
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Alright guys, time to change the subject.

We just have to keep it nice and friendly, not that hard.
    If you think someone is going on and on about something or is having a shot at you: ignore it and if it really bugs you report it.

Lets just drop the issue and continue on with the general discussion of the Ongoing series.
    [/Mod speak]

Also, anyone know where to pick up the first 4 trades for this series?
    Any comic store can order them for you (I know Arcee had trouble with volume 1, but off-hand, I think that was more to do with her being unhappy with the condition of the copies she received, not the availability).

If you're ordering them all at once, you should get a better deal through Amazon, although I can't say for sure what exchange rate Melbourne comic stores use, so don't quote me on that.

The confusing thing is that there are actually FIVE volumes out. However, volume 4 isn't ACTUALLY part of the main Ongoing, it's the 'Heart Of Darkness' miniseries (which was originally going to be the start of a second ongoing, long story).

It does tie in to the main Ongoing, although it's really questionable how much, as the ongoing and HOD contradict each other, depending on interpretation. As much as I love Abnett and Lanning's work, HOD was pretty bad, and the art is.....well, an acquired taste.

If you want to skip HOD, then you just want volumes 1,2,3 and 5, which collects the Ongoing up to......ummmm 23, I think, offhand.

I guess it comes down to how complete you want to be, and if it'll bug you having a gap in the volume numbers.

Yeah I had OCD with my Vol 1 not being absolute mint but cost me the price of mint copies.

GP: last I went to Minotaur they have restocked all the TPs from Vol 1 to 5. I picked up their Vol 1 so there's one copy left as at last Friday. Not sure if they still have any now. Let me know if you need me to get them for you tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Yeah I had OCD with my Vol 1 not being absolute mint but cost me the price of mint copies.

GP: last I went to Minotaur they have restocked all the TPs from Vol 1 to 5. I picked up their Vol 1 so there's one copy left as at last Friday. Not sure if they still have any now. Let me know if you need me to get them for you tomorrow.
    Why not see if he wants one of your spare copies?

Or are you planning on letting Chloe use them as kitty litter?

Quote Originally Posted by Cat View Post
    Why not see if he wants one of your spare copies?

Or are you planning on letting Chloe use them as kitty litter?
    Well...good point...

@Golden Phoenix: if you don't mind creased backcover and rubbed corners, and a thick black line across the bottom of the book, you can take one of my spare copies of Vol 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcee View Post
    Well...good point...

@Golden Phoenix: if you don't mind creased backcover and rubbed corners, and a thick black line across the bottom of the book, you can take one of my spare copies of Vol 1.
    No dice. I like my stuff in good shape.

I might check out Minotaur after work tomorrow. I get paid too. Was hoping maybe there would be an online shop or something. Maybe book depository.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    No dice. I like my stuff in good shape.

I might check out Minotaur after work tomorrow. I get paid too. Was hoping maybe there would be an online shop or something. Maybe book depository.
    If you want them in good condition, avoid Aussie online store Fishpond.

Terrible, terrible packing = major book damage = every order.