Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Printer/Printing thread

With parts that small I'd make the spacer and the centre of the rotor a solid piece and drill them out afterwards

I use FreeCad to do my modelling.

But you will need a second software, Ultmaker.
    This translates the STL model into a file format your 3D printer will understand.

Both these softwares are free2download and use.

Cheers for the advice. I don't have alot of time to mess around with designing too but I'll see what I can do.

3D Printing chocolate will soon be a thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S-usumuaWo
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Doing some printing. Just mucking around mostly. But I did a test of a weapon upgrade for WFC Ratbat, and cannons for Rotorstorm. So many things I've tagged as wanting to try out. Need some fine and small files to clean up the prints

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    Doing some printing. Just mucking around mostly. But I did a test of a weapon upgrade for WFC Ratbat, and cannons for Rotorstorm. So many things I've tagged as wanting to try out. Need some fine and small files to clean up the prints
    What material did you print with?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    What material did you print with?
    I had no idea until I looked at the boxes of filament my dad gave me hahah, but PLA. The guns so far came out well I reckon. Just needs some cleaning up and sanding and painting. Was only testing but might actually run with these as his weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by 1AZRAEL1 View Post
    I had no idea until I looked at the boxes of filament my dad gave me hahah, but PLA. The guns so far came out well I reckon. Just needs some cleaning up and sanding and painting. Was only testing but might actually run with these as his weapons.
    I print in ABS, I've found that the cans of auto primer you get from supercheap auto are really worth it. give the model a spray, it will fill in any lines between layers and make sanding easier. I normally prime with it, sand, prime sand etc until I'm happy with the outcome. wood putty is also worth trying, you can water it down a bit and paint it on then sand it back.
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    I print in ABS, I've found that the cans of auto primer you get from supercheap auto are really worth it. give the model a spray, it will fill in any lines between layers and make sanding easier. I normally prime with it, sand, prime sand etc until I'm happy with the outcome. wood putty is also worth trying, you can water it down a bit and paint it on then sand it back.
    Cabbot's Cabothane clear is also handy for filling in layer lines

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    Cabbot's Cabothane clear is also handy for filling in layer lines
    I'll check it out. Can you sand and prime it?
    ~