Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Regret Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I almost always pre-order any Japanese toy that I want - which usually works out well for me because it means I get the toy at the original retail price. But sometimes this can work against me when the toy shelf-warms and gets heavily discounted... the "worst" case of this was the God Ginrai reissue -- paid full retail for that sucker (7980JPY - about $90-100)... then later on it shelf warmed so badly that even local import stores in Sydney were selling them for just $20!

I should've gotten a second one at that price to keep sealed. Gah... damnit.
    or mebbe 3-4 so you could've sold them at todays prices .... or you could have just displayed them in various modes heheheh
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

BM Mega Cheetor. Even on clearance he wasn't worth it. Awful toy. But hey, I had the good sense to ignore the Supreme version (:

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Unlike people like me who purchased Supreme Cheetor at full retail. Man that thing kept on shelf-warming and shelf-warming and TRU never did discount it (much like what's happening w/ Ghost Starscream now, only on a way larger scale)

I regret during periods of drought in retail stores spending my money on other things (that I really don't need) instead of saving the money and getting something I've been waiting for

I don't have any major TF regrets that come to mind, my only related major regret was selling my MASK trucks as a child, they were all in such good condition. I then used the money to buy Turbomasters, which were cool, but not MASK truck cool.

I suppose I regret buying many Armadaverse toys, but I sold them too, so problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Unlike people like me who purchased Supreme Cheetor at full retail. Man that thing kept on shelf-warming and shelf-warming and TRU never did discount it (much like what's happening w/ Ghost Starscream now, only on a way larger scale)
    Except ghost Starscream may actually be worth $100.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Zed View Post
    Except ghost Starscream may actually be worth $100.
    Except that they're selling him for $250...

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    I personally love Leader Class Sentinel Prime, but my regretted purchases would have to be:
    • Classics Grimlock (If you own it, you'll know why )
    • A host of Beast Wars Neo figures (Because I turned around and sold them thinking they were Beast Machine Repaints... ).

Oh how I am very glad that I have learnt so much from this board.
    Whats the problem with classics Grimlock? I Don't own him but I was thinking about buying him.

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    [LIST][*]Classics Grimlock (If you own it, you'll know why )
    I own Classics Grimlock and I don't see the problem. I thought it was an interesting revamp for the toy.

I dont think classics grimlock is a bad toy just not epic like his MP self.

i regret buying TFC Battle Roller. that was a flimsy POS.
    and pretty muh all the Power core combiners except maybe huffer.

I like this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    I dont think classics grimlock is a bad toy just not epic like his MP self.

i regret buying TFC Battle Roller. that was a flimsy POS.
    and pretty muh all the Power core combiners except maybe huffer.
    I agree on TFC battle Roller. I still haven't even opened it. Bad choice.

My other regret were all the Kabaya figures I bought. Never got around to building them and hated the stickers.

Also those non-transforming gold ones that came with coffee in Japan. I them as I can't ever see myself displaying them (and that's ignoring the space issue)
    Collection Count (w/ a 12.42% upsize): 3053
    New Family Members: DA-15 Jetwing Prime, DOTM Leader Ironhide, Perfect Effect Reflector, DOTM Shockwave & Skyhammer, eHobby United 3-packs
    Current Desires: Japanese BW Optimal Optimus
    The Holy Grail: Ultmetal Optimus Prime

Visit the Wonderful World of: The Iacon City Hub-Capital Collection