Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Sales on gumtree

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    The AFA Graded one would not be from the Australian sales of the figure as he wouild not have had time to send it off and recieve it to already have it up for sale.

It's just humourous that someone has AFA Graded a current toy. Though if you think about the purpose of AFA Grading something, (in my mind, to preserve it in it's classified status. esentially as a Close to perfect specimen) this is the best way of going about it.

If you AFA grade a 25 year old boxed toy, the tape is going to be potentially worn, there is more likelihood of damage to the box in some manner, in this case it's sealed now and in 20 to 30 years will probably be the definitive sample of the Hasbro Masterpiece Soundwave.
    Couldn't agree more, if I were to get something graded thats how I would do it, case fresh.

Is this really worth grading though? In 20 years there will be many sealed specimens as this is a mass produced toy all being bought by collectors who are taking care of them (unlike vitange G1). I would be very surprised if in 20 years this is worth more than 3x retail (unlike 100x retail for MISB G1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Couldn't agree more, if I were to get something graded thats how I would do it, case fresh.
    I'd AFA a sealed case just to make sure

Now there's a funny concept Sinnertwin

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    Is this really worth grading though? In 20 years there will be many sealed specimens as this is a mass produced toy all being bought by collectors who are taking care of them (unlike vitange G1). I would be very surprised if in 20 years this is worth more than 3x retail (unlike 100x retail for MISB G1).
    Thats a good question and there are so many facets to an answer it's proabably worth another thread.

I have to say Gumtree is getting more Transformers on it now, I was doing a search on e-bay and the ad at the top was a live feed to Gumtree showing me all the Transformers available and there were a lot. One thing that jumped out was an MP Megs for only $200!!

Mixed lot in Adelaide
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    I can't even sell mine for $50 so good luck to that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Metro View Post
    I can't even sell mine for $50 so good luck to that person.
    Yeah, pipe dream

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    If someone believes it may be worth a lot more money in the future then I think it's a good idea. There were plenty of collectors back in the G1 days collecting... I'm sure there are more collectors today but the thing is before the next 20 years are up a lot of those collectors will have sold what they have, and sometimes you just don't know what will oneday be considered a valuable collectors item.