Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 61621222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Masterpiece Ironhide

Nice for latecomers who haven't gotten an MP Ironhide yet, otherwise it's an easy pass for me. As neat as this accessory is, I'm not going to buy a second MP Ironhide just to get it.

I see this thing as a regional running change, and running changes have happened in Transformers since the very beginning. <insert.long-winded.explanatory.paragraphs>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Nice for latecomers who haven't gotten an MP Ironhide yet, otherwise it's an easy pass for me. As neat as this accessory is, I'm not going to buy a second MP Ironhide just to get it.

I see this thing as a regional running change, and running changes have happened in Transformers since the very beginning. <insert.long-winded.explanatory.paragraphs>
    The drill should have been an accessory for Diaclone Ironhide... not a reissue. It is a shame cause as Goki said it is a cool accessory, and I would like to have it but its not worth buying a second Ironhide

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

i wont be surprised to see this accessory on Ebay when release so not really bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by MayzaPrime View Post
    The drill should have been an accessory for Diaclone Ironhide... not a reissue. It is a shame cause as Goki said it is a cool accessory, and I would like to have it but its not worth buying a second Ironhide
    Good point. This is pretty much what they did with Wheeljack -- redecoed him as Exhaust and included Wheeljack's Immobiliser and that seems to have worked well (I haven't heard of any reports of Exhaust being a shelfwarmer). But then again, they did include a toy-accurate Tracks gun with MP Road Rage, and she's massively shelfwarming. These Diaclone-based redecos seem to be hit and miss. I think it's a safer bet for TakaraTOMY to do them as limited exclusives (like Tiger Track) rather than mass store release figures. I know that the mass release figures make it much easier and cheaper for fans to get the toys, but on the other hand having these toys end up being dead stock is doing a disservice to the franchise which ultimately doesn't do us any good.

And I personally would like to see a Diaclone coloured Ironhide done as a new character rather than just, "Protect Ironhide." They need to get Ichikawa Hirofumi back on board to write up new character bios for redecos.

Good point. This is pretty much what they did with Wheeljack -- redecoed him as Exhaust and included Wheeljack's Immobiliser and that seems to have worked well (I haven't heard of any reports of Exhaust being a shelfwarmer). But then again, they did include a toy-accurate Tracks gun with MP Road Rage, and she's massively shelfwarming. These Diaclone-based redecos seem to be hit and miss. I think it's a safer bet for TakaraTOMY to do them as limited exclusives (like Tiger Track) rather than mass store release figures. I know that the mass release figures make it much easier and cheaper for fans to get the toys, but on the other hand having these toys end up being dead stock is doing a disservice to the franchise which ultimately doesn't do us any good.

And I personally would like to see a Diaclone coloured Ironhide done as a new character rather than just, "Protect Ironhide." They need to get Ichikawa Hirofumi back on board to write up new character bios for redecos.
    I think the popularity of the base mould can have a huge impact on the Diaclone repaint. Wheeljack is widely regarded as an excellent mould, same with Sideswipe. Track however was very polarizing and received a lot of criticism. Maybe this plays a part.

I would also imagine that Road Rage is a bit of a B-list character as far as non-G1 repaints go. Same with Clampdown.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Shame that wheeljack was excellent mould but TT didn't bother to give the same treatment as what Ratchet is.

Would have been a twister if they include new faces for ironhide.

In-hands of the bonus drill accessory:

As much as I love Ironhide like Goki I won't be buying a second one just for an additional accessory.
    There's no added value for me.

I'm happy with the Peter Cullen signed version I've got.

I wish Road Rage would of come with a flight stand as well

just in case you were on the fence... how stunning do they look