Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Target's MP04 Optimus Quality Issues (serious enough to be news-worthy)

This topic is for the discussion and reporting of any QC problems with Target's MP04 (Masterpiece Optimus). It took up 58 posts in the sightings topic, so is serious enough to be a news topic.
    There are way too many faulty ones being found in this batch to be coincedence. It almost looks like we are the dumping ground for all the faulty/returned ones that Hasbro/Takara didn't want to waste by destroying them.

If you have a faulty MP04, you can return it to Target for exchange or a refund.

Hopefully we can get Hasbro AU to comment on this issue as well.
    Last edited by griffin; 26th July 2008 at 11:52 AM.

Default Target's MP04 Optimus Quality Issues (serious enough to be news-worthy)

i've purchase one about a few weeks ago and i must say that is it's not masterpiece quality because i have the same one brought from singapore and there's a big differences.. i ended up returning mine and brought another one on ebay....

very disappointing and price at $200 you'll expect something more decent.

Quote Originally Posted by etht26 View Post
    i've purchase one about a few weeks ago and i must say that is it's not masterpiece quality because i have the same one brought from singapore and there's a big differences.. i ended up returning mine and brought another one on ebay....

From what people have been writing about on this board there have been quality issues with the last few batches of the MP-04. I don't know if they've changed where they get manufactured to make them cheaper or what, surely they would keep their QC up, by the looks of it they haven't. We may be the dumping ground for some bad stock, a few years ago with the UM MP-02 they didn't have any quality issues so my guess is that it's more a case of going cheaper. I believe some people have bought their MP-04 from Internet-stores and still have had the same issue.

Thanks for the heads up, I havent opened the box yet so I may return it. What exactly went wrong with your masterpiece?

Quote Originally Posted by Lint View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I havent opened the box yet so I may return it. What exactly went wrong with your masterpiece?
    Well the chest panel was loose and i wasn't able to close it probably anyway. a wheel was missing. the front bar chrome was scratch and there was major problem with the paint. it was very rough.... so i had to return it like within an hour... i ended up paying an extra $50 from ebay and it was just perfect...

Well the chest panel was loose and i wasn't able to close it probably anyway. a wheel was missing. the front bar chrome was scratch and there was major problem with the paint. it was very rough.... so i had to return it like within an hour... i ended up paying an extra $50 from ebay and it was just perfect...
    I gave in and took my prime out for inspection. In short, yeh its not the best quality, but the paintwork is no worse than most other MP4's i've seen. I had to fiddle around quite a bit to get things to work/fit properly (my chest panel wouldn't close properly when I transformed him back to robot but I figured out how to lock it in properly).
    My only REAL gripe is the leg shortening mechansim on prime's left leg. It took a bit of fiddling to even get it to work and it's still a little loose so prime stands about a mm shorter on that leg. I don't mind visual defects but mechanical ones suck. (EDIT: I've since taken apart prime's leg and fixed the defect with a little electrical tape)

If I had problems like a missing wheel I definitely would have returned it too.
    Last edited by Lint; 20th July 2008 at 09:27 PM.

a wheel was missing.

Missing on Prime or on the trailer?

Pulse is offline Rank 1 - New or Inactive

I thought they took more care when assembling MPs when compared to regular mass-release figures...

I think they dumped their reject stock on us. I also wonder if the packages have been double-taped.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by Tober View Post
    I think they dumped their reject stock on us. I also wonder if the packages have been double-taped.
    Actually, every single box I saw in Target was double taped. Did they insert some sort of English instructions into the box?