Page 140 of 194 FirstFirst ... 120130135136137138139140141142143144145150160 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1940

Thread: The Random Transformers Thoughts Thread

I've paid $339 for Siege Omega Supreme (via Mighty Ape); this will make this toy the single most expensive Transformer that I've ever paid for, eclipsing my current $300 max record. Although I've already paid for this pre-order I'm not technically counting it until I've received the toy - but yeah, looks like I'm setting a new personal record for the single most expensive toy in my collection. Sweet Cheeses.

I've also cleared shelf space for Siege Jetfire.

Porsche are making a new version of the 935, the car that Jazz transforms into in G1. It would be perfect for some type of new Alternators-style Jazz based on it.

Woke up this morning at around 4am, and found the last two episodes of Transformers Cyberverse playing on channel 99 (so it was too late to post up news about it being repeated). I guess since it was such a short season, it was worth repeating again soon (usually repeats aren't done for at least a year later). With Rescue Bots and RID also playing at the moment, I think that would be a first to have three different Transformers cartoons running at the same time on (free to air) TV here in Australia.

Continued from the Greenlight toy review thread

Quote Originally Posted by Maruten View Post
    I'll be happy to see the end of these wretched stick-thin molds.
    I hear you. They should release a CHUG Strika and consider other female Transformers that don't all look like buxom models. After all, most male Transformers don't look like beefcakes. Most Transformers are fairly androgynous in appearance because they usually follow the Japanese mecha aesthetic, which itself was inspired by samurai armour... and armour is gender neutral. Unlike fantasy armour where women wear moulded breastplates (huh?) or usually an insufficient amount of armour, real life armour worn by women is identical to armour worn by men. Female motorcycle riders, police officers, soldiers etc. don't wear a distinctly different "feminine" style of armour from their male counterparts. Female warriors in real life such as Tomoe Gozen, Joan of Arc or the Scythia Kurgans (real life Amazonians!) never wore distinctly feminine armour. There's no reason why we can't have more future female Transformers that just look androgynous like almost every other Transformer does. I quite like how some of the Cyberverse Seekers are female without much significant change to their overall appearance.

I felt that there was a wasted opportunity when they released Generations Nightbeat but never bothered repainting him as Minerva.

This would make perfect sense since the G1 Nightbeat and Minerva toys are exactly the same mould! If they ever make a new CHUG Nightbeat I would really hope that they'd release a Minerva repaint too (note: the Minerva pictured above is a custom).

And there are other similar characters that they could do the same for, e.g.
    * Airazor (f) and Airazar (m)
    * Override (f) and Nitro Convoy (m)
    * If they ever do the eHobby Gobots as CHUGs then Cosmos could be repainted as Pathfinder and Gears as Smallfoot
    * Any Bumblebee toy could be repainted as a Glyph
    * If they ever did a CHUG G2 Gobot Bumblebee then he could be repainted as Nightracer
    * Any Seeker mould could be made into a female Seeker (e.g. Slipstream) or be reassigned as female (e.g. Novastar etc.). We don't need a repaint/retool of a "female" mould like Legends Slipstream, any standard Seeker mould would suffice (e.g. Siege Starscream)

Aww man, if they ever repainted the Siege Starscream mould as the three Rainmakers...

For a mainline Transformer in 2019, I found Siege Springer surprisingly complex. I still prefer a bit less complex, but it was a nice surprise to see Hasbro is still capable of spending some money on TF design and build.

Rough translation: "Thank you very mouse."

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I hear you. They should release a CHUG Strika and consider other female Transformers that don't all look like buxom models.
    Exactly right. Elita 1 got to rock a bulkier mold, we need more of that kind of thing, more Strongarm - just let female characters be different shapes. Which they sometimes do, they're just working these current molds pretty hard.

I was thinking about buying the Reflector 3 pack just to get Kremzeek. But on second thought, maybe I should just get my MP-5's Kremzeek out of storage.

Is Blurr faster in robot or car mode? The answer depends on which Blurr you're talking about. This is something that I've recently come to realise about two of the fastest Blurrs; G1 and Animated. And Animated Blurr may be more interesting that I'd initially realised.

G1 Blurr: G1 Blurr is obviously fast, especially in the comics where he could throw thousands of punches per second in a fist fight. But in both the cartoon and comics Blurr did seem to be able to move faster in vehicle mode (e.g. Blurr transforming to car mode to evade the Junkions etc.). And as a hover car it does stand to reason that he would be faster than even a super fast robot mode.

Animated Blurr: This is rather curious character as he's shown as being faster in robot mode than car mode. His car mode is fast, but it is in robot mode that he gains extreme super speeds. Now one might initially think that this is silly and that surely a car would be faster than a biped. After all, our race cars are much faster than anything that can run. But once you hit super levels of speed then it may be possible for Blurr to be faster in robot mode than a wheeled car mode thanks to the coefficient of friction (μ=f/N). Now obviously even running on a surface will generate friction too, but with his feet Blurr can still push against the ground to propel himself forwards. With sufficient force and friction he ought to be able to avoid slipping. With his car mode on the other hand he may run a greater risk of simply losing traction and just doing massive burn outs with his tyres. It would kick up massive clouds of smoke but he wouldn't be going anywhere. This is probably why Animated only ever showed Blurr moving at super speed in robot mode but never in car mode. He probably can't move at super speed in car mode. And indeed, his car mode was really used as a disguise as he was an undercover agent (even Bumblebee didn't know who he was at first). But when he needed to use super speed then it was always in robot mode.

G1 Blurr can reach faster super speeds in his car mode since it's a hover car... practically a low flying aircraft. So G1 Blurr loses friction in his vehicular mode as he's only contending with air friction and is no longer impeded by ground friction, whereas Animated Blurr is affected by both in his car mode. And yes, when you think about it Animated Blurr is way faster than G1 Blurr.

P.S.: I'm not including other Blurrs like Armada or Rescue Bots/RID Blurr as neither of them possess super speed. They would be like any other car Transformer and be faster in their car mode.
    P.P.S.: Cyberverse Blurr is also faster in robot mode. Although we only saw him use his super speed briefly just that one time.

Asked a question in class which I was sure nobody could answer.

Me: "Which Transformer was voiced by the cousin of the person who developed the atomic bomb?"

Class: (groans and complains about what an impossible question this is)

One Student: "SEASPRAY!"

Note that students were disallowed from using Google and the student who answered the question didn't even have a working device on him anyway. And yes, I would have also accepted Beachcomber.