Page 44 of 63 FirstFirst ... 2434394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast

Thread: UK Definitive Comic collection from Hachette now in Australia

I've only had 2 issues so far that had pages that I needed to slice apart with an x-acto... no biggy really

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    TFUK crossover is in Vol 9 and the Dreamwave (World War 2) crossover is in Vol 31.

The Marvel US one isn't included, nor does there appear to be any room for the multiple Devils Due series.

The other outstanding question if the later IDW books with Transformers and Joe characters (like Revolution/Revolutionaries etc) will be included... but it looks doubtful.
    Thanks mate.

I'm not sure running out of room will be an issue. There was a lot of chatter about other franchises this company has done. Once it got to the end of the advertised subscription, they just kept going including all the new content that came out between when it started and when it "finished".

So with that in mind, I suspect we'll get the finish of the Lost Light, Optimus Prime, Unicron and the 3rd Wreckers story. The Revolution/aries might be a stretch though.

Also, if they haven't planned the Devils Due stuff we might miss out on that, which is a shame Surely they have to include the Marvel one though?

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    So with that in mind, I suspect we'll get the finish of the Lost Light, Optimus Prime, Unicron and the 3rd Wreckers story. The Revolution/aries might be a stretch though.
    Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by KELPIE View Post
    Also, if they haven't planned the Devils Due stuff we might miss out on that, which is a shame Surely they have to include the Marvel one though?
    The original Marvel crossover should have fit in volume 7 (or 6/8) but those have all come out without it. Volume 9 would be a bit late but it has too many regular issues to include.

It’s really unclear what Vol 27 “Worlds Collide part 1” will have so it might pop up there - or that might be a spot for one of the Devil Due crossovers.

I think it was mentioned somewhere that the Marvel GIJoe/TF crossover is NOT included... which would be a shame, as I much rather prefer it over the recent one that IDW did, which did get included.
    As such, it wouldn't be a licensing issue, because other GIJoe crossovers are included... but I'm wondering if it was excluded in favour of the UK version of the Bumblebee-to-Goldbug story (having both versions might be difficult to rationalise in the "chronological order" of this publication - and there isn't really any other plot elements in the Marvel GIJoe/TFs that gets carried over to the main TFs comic, other than the Goldbug element, so could be skipped and not miss anything in the ongoing storyline).

My June(?) delivery arrived yesterday: the Matrix Quest and GIJoe crossover volumes.

Is there an issue with the colours on the last pages of Bird of Prey for others? Thought it was a misprint but the error also shows up on the title page where they reuse the art of the Mayhem Squad. I suspect the error is from the IDW recolouring efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    My June(?) delivery arrived yesterday: the Matrix Quest and GIJoe crossover volumes.

Is there an issue with the colours on the last pages of Bird of Prey for others? Thought it was a misprint but the error also shows up on the title page where they reuse the art of the Mayhem Squad. I suspect the error is from the IDW recolouring efforts.

Looks like a printing error in which the blue ink was running out on the left edge on the master copy, as the same is happening on two pages before the last page (half of Nightbeat's head is white and half is blue). And since it wasn't picked up before it went to print, every copy will have the same colour missing on those two pages. (it wasn't on my original Marvel copy)

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Looks like a printing error in which the blue ink was running out on the left edge on the master copy, as the same is happening on two pages before the last page (half of Nightbeat's head is white and half is blue). And since it wasn't picked up before it went to print, every copy will have the same colour missing on those two pages. (it wasn't on my original Marvel copy)
    As always, mine is still sealed so I can't comment on the error.

However, if enough people complain, they've been good at going back to the printers to fix these issues.

The latest issues arrived today. They are volumes 62# and 76#

Picked up issues 44 and 45 today (volume 4 Second Generation and volume 32 Infiltration).

Valkyrie's SDF:
    Transformer grails: MIB Minerva(the dream is OVER!!!! ), MIB Kiss Player Atariscream, MIB Kiss Player Sparkabots, Kiss Player Manga.

Simon Furman has tweeted tonight:

HUGE NEWS! Transformers: The Definitive G1 Collection... just got a whole lot MORE definitive! Hachette's sequential collection of TF comics from the brand's 35-year span, steams imperiously into an eye-watering, trouser-shattering 20-volume extension.
    So we should now get everything through to the end of the IDW universe.